Jump to content
Eagle2020

491 visa grant for offshore non-essential workers

Recommended Posts

Yeah, 

190, been waiting since 24th Jan 20

This waiting game is annoying.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

190 NSW, carpenter, 85+5, I applied Feb 12th 2020. I've been waiting +13 months for grant. Absolutely agonizing, it's definitely adversly affecting my health, but I'm still managing to keep my head screwed on. Thinking about the future and better days ahead, helps keep me motivated. 

Edited by Domo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting since feb 4th 2020 - still saying received. We are frustrated too. We have a now 15 year old son and  getting more and more concerned about moving during exam years.  It’s just so frustrating that we have all put in so much time, energy and money and then they have no timeline to adhere to and we have no way to track progress. It’s a lot of money to invest into something that you’re completely in the dark and have your future at the mercy of someone else. When I see people have been waiting 3 years I want to cry. 


ANZSCO-312311   PTE 79  VISA 190 VIC 

POINTS  age 15     education 10      work 15

english 20        partner 10   total 70

 

EOI 13-09-2019  

PRE-INVITE 21-11-2019

ITA   24-01-2020 

VISA LODGED  04-02-20

HC 17/2/2020

PCC 10/2/2020

VISA GRANTED ?????? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CapitalS said:

Waiting since feb 4th 2020 - still saying received. We are frustrated too. We have a now 15 year old son and  getting more and more concerned about moving during exam years.  It’s just so frustrating that we have all put in so much time, energy and money and then they have no timeline to adhere to and we have no way to track progress. It’s a lot of money to invest into something that you’re completely in the dark and have your future at the mercy of someone else. When I see people have been waiting 3 years I want to cry. 

3 years is way before COVID. I'm surprised. What's the delay on these?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows 🤷‍♀️ I don’t even think they know.....


ANZSCO-312311   PTE 79  VISA 190 VIC 

POINTS  age 15     education 10      work 15

english 20        partner 10   total 70

 

EOI 13-09-2019  

PRE-INVITE 21-11-2019

ITA   24-01-2020 

VISA LODGED  04-02-20

HC 17/2/2020

PCC 10/2/2020

VISA GRANTED ?????? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CapitalS said:

Who knows 🤷‍♀️ I don’t even think they know.....

I think he's asking, where are you seing people who've been waiting 3 years?  Have they been invited or what stage are they at?  It sounds strange.


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting! 
Hopefully after July we will know more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

190-VIC; RN (offshore); lodged application in Mar 2020-not a single update since then.


ANZSCO-254415, Registered Nurse (Critical care & Emergency)-Offshore

IELTS (L-8.5/R-8/W-7/S-8)-Oct, 2017; Applied in AHPRA- Feb, 2018; Got Referral letter from AHPRA- May, 2018; Did overseas bridging program in NSW: Nov, 2018-Mar, 2019; Did PTE (L/R/W/S-79+)- Jan, 2019; Re-applied in AHPRA- Mar, 2019; Gain Professional Licence as RN- April, 2019; ANMAC skill assessment +ve- June, 2019; EOI initial submission date for 189 & 190 with 70 & 70+5 points- July, 2019.

Updated D.O.E for 189 with 85 points: 05/01/2020
Updated D.O.E for 190 with 90 points: 05/01/2020


Age-30, PTE-20, Edu-15, Overseas work exp-10, Single-10,
State sponsorship-5

PRE-INVITE from VIC -190: 16/01/2020
FINAL INVITE: 24/02/2020
Indian PCC done: 27/02/2020
Medicals Done: 07/03/2020
VISA Lodged: 06/03/2020

Grant: 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joe/Rose said:

Still waiting! 
Hopefully after July we will know more.

My app was lodged 12th Dec 2019!

No updates as of yet. No case officer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all

Those of you who have an agent and front loaded Medicals and Police checks, what has been your agents thoughts on the expiry of these?

Im conscious that they normally expire 12 months from issue, but DOHA are the ones who requested them within 28 days of lodgement. Seems really unfair to have to pay to do them all again, when they requested we supply them in the first place!

Our agent doesn’t know which way they’ll proceed. Just curious on other agents opinions? 
 

Background info - we applied for a 491 in July 20, status hasn’t changed from ‘received’

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I think he's asking, where are you seing people who've been waiting 3 years?  Have they been invited or what stage are they at?  It sounds strange.

Yep exactly that. I've not heard anyone having that long a wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Conyo2588 said:

Hi all

Those of you who have an agent and front loaded Medicals and Police checks, what has been your agents thoughts on the expiry of these?

Im conscious that they normally expire 12 months from issue, but DOHA are the ones who requested them within 28 days of lodgement. Seems really unfair to have to pay to do them all again, when they requested we supply them in the first place!

Our agent doesn’t know which way they’ll proceed. Just curious on other agents opinions? 
 

Background info - we applied for a 491 in July 20, status hasn’t changed from ‘received’

 

Our agent has informed us that medical will be extended for 6months police checks 3 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eagle2020 said:

Our agent has informed us that medical will be extended for 6months police checks 3 months

Thanks for your response Eagle2020

Really appreciate it

Its still a nightmare though isn’t it. This situation could be going on for a long time....just more unnecessary expense and stress unfortunately! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my immitracker - maybe I’ve got it wrong but my heart sank when I saw this the other day- co contact almost 3 years to the day after lodgement

 

 

0E30C651-33F8-4456-9276-4202D806AA15.png

B5FC30B8-6C6A-40C8-BE2A-1D4356B361B6.png


ANZSCO-312311   PTE 79  VISA 190 VIC 

POINTS  age 15     education 10      work 15

english 20        partner 10   total 70

 

EOI 13-09-2019  

PRE-INVITE 21-11-2019

ITA   24-01-2020 

VISA LODGED  04-02-20

HC 17/2/2020

PCC 10/2/2020

VISA GRANTED ?????? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Screenshot_20210331-020825.thumb.png.c26061d9a783330d0831be897402d96c.png

Edited by Domo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's not me, but someone from my WhatsApp group has been waiting since 2018 for their visa grant. I think these are the more complicated cases which seem to get drawn out. My personal observations tell me that these never ending cases usually involve; spouses, children, newly born children, and various visa mistakes.

Edited by Domo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa, crazy waiting times. I couldn't stomach that length of wait. Good luck to everyone else waiting. Hopefully it's just a matter of months now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/03/2021 at 03:39, martl_2001 said:

Whoa, crazy waiting times. I couldn't stomach that length of wait. Good luck to everyone else waiting. Hopefully it's just a matter of months now. 

I genuinely hope that you're right, but I'm certainly not placing any bets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/03/2021 at 08:44, CapitalS said:

On my immitracker - maybe I’ve got it wrong but my heart sank when I saw this the other day- co contact almost 3 years to the day after lodgement

Remember Immitracker isn't an official thing.  It's up to individuals to provide the information to update it.   So if someone gets their visa (or is rejected) and doesn't let Immitracker know, it wont get updated and will still show as waiting.   I would suspect that one was just someone who never notified Immitracker


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I understand that but it was updated on the 18th March 2021 with CO contact so 🤷‍♀️ I’m hoping it’s just an unlucky/complex case... although approaching the 14 month mark for us now and I know there’s a lot of people waiting longer than us. 

 


ANZSCO-312311   PTE 79  VISA 190 VIC 

POINTS  age 15     education 10      work 15

english 20        partner 10   total 70

 

EOI 13-09-2019  

PRE-INVITE 21-11-2019

ITA   24-01-2020 

VISA LODGED  04-02-20

HC 17/2/2020

PCC 10/2/2020

VISA GRANTED ?????? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offshore medical practitioner 70 points for 189, 6 applicants

 

4/9/20 EOI submitted

2/10/20 EOI amended

21/10/20 Invitation received

25/10/20 Application submitted

23/12/20 Medicals and police checks submitted

5/3/21 s56 more info request to be provided within 28 days

31/3/21 Info submitted

6/4/21 Granted

 

Well aware we got lucky to some extent due to occupation and present pandemic.

Good luck to everyone🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Maussie said:

Offshore medical practitioner 70 points for 189, 6 applicants

 

4/9/20 EOI submitted

2/10/20 EOI amended

21/10/20 Invitation received

25/10/20 Application submitted

23/12/20 Medicals and police checks submitted

5/3/21 s56 more info request to be provided within 28 days

31/3/21 Info submitted

6/4/21 Granted

 

Well aware we got lucky to some extent due to occupation and present pandemic.

Good luck to everyone🤞

Congrats. Tis indeed an ill wind that blows nobody any good! Qld has shut up shop now.

Edited by DrDougster
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Maussie said:

Offshore medical practitioner 70 points for 189, 6 applicants

 

4/9/20 EOI submitted

2/10/20 EOI amended

21/10/20 Invitation received

25/10/20 Application submitted

23/12/20 Medicals and police checks submitted

5/3/21 s56 more info request to be provided within 28 days

31/3/21 Info submitted

6/4/21 Granted

 

Well aware we got lucky to some extent due to occupation and present pandemic.

Good luck to everyone🤞

Luck bastard! Good on you and best wishes for the future, something tells me it'll be bright and sunny! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Maussie said:

Offshore medical practitioner 70 points for 189, 6 applicants

 

4/9/20 EOI submitted

2/10/20 EOI amended

21/10/20 Invitation received

25/10/20 Application submitted

23/12/20 Medicals and police checks submitted

5/3/21 s56 more info request to be provided within 28 days

31/3/21 Info submitted

6/4/21 Granted

 

Well aware we got lucky to some extent due to occupation and present pandemic.

Good luck to everyone🤞

I can't remember what/if you said what speciality you are and where you are heading? I kinda remember interventional radiology but that might have been someone else. We are loving Brisbane. Hard work but compared to NHS it is hard because you make it hard and are able to do it well rather than fire fighting, sometimes not being able to treat people that you would want to and being completely wiped out at the beginning of every day let alone the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×