491 visa grant for offshore non-essential workers

5 hours ago, Sparks21 said:

Thanks for this! It’s really good to hear people getting their visas granted. Very good news! 

To puncture the balloon, a 190 is a permanent visa.   This thread is for 491 visas and I don't think there's any sign of those being approved at all, since they aren't allowed to enter the country anyway.

19 hours ago, Marisawright said:

To puncture the balloon, a 190 is a permanent visa.   This thread is for 491 visas and I don't think there's any sign of those being approved at all, since they aren't allowed to enter the country anyway.

For some reason a ‘mod’ merged the topics? 

didn’t make any sense to me. Must have been taking up to much space 🤷🏼‍♂️

20 hours ago, Marisawright said:

This thread used to be a 190 one as well, but it looks like 190 was removed from the title? Should it be added back or do we need a new 190 thread?

2 minutes ago, nomadiccarpenter said:

This thread used to be a 190 one as well, but it looks like 190 was removed from the title? Should it be added back or do we need a new 190 thread?

I think that would be good! Hopefully a positive space for us to chat and share any news we hear! 
hopefully we can keep it positive! 

• Like 1

On 25/06/2021 at 11:30, Joe/Rose said:

It would be great to hear a little more about the circumstances of this 190 visa grant?

Found the post:

"Good day All
Got my PR 190 granted on 22.06.21 10:18 am Sydney time.
State NSW
Lodge: 19.12.2019
Lodge on shore/ granted off shore
First CÔ contacted on 21.03.21 ( medicals)
Second CÔ contact on 18.05.21 ( police check from the country that I was stuck more than a year) ; Vietnam “
  • Like 1

Thanks for the share.

Almost to the day from when we submitted our application, although for us, no CO Contact!

I wonder if the fact the person had applied onshore made a difference, as they are processing on-shore apps. First?

Ir they had the CO Contact for the medicals & PC’s, therefore the application was decision ready?

1 hour ago, nomadiccarpenter said:

Found the post:

"Good day All
Got my PR 190 granted on 22.06.21 10:18 am Sydney time.
State NSW
Lodge: 19.12.2019
Lodge on shore/ granted off shore
First CÔ contacted on 21.03.21 ( medicals)
Second CÔ contact on 18.05.21 ( police check from the country that I was stuck more than a year) ; Vietnam “

Which FB group? Id be interested in figuring out how they managed their grant

BTW, I've been working diligently in trying to find a job offer and apply for a travel exemption. Ive had a few good leads and might have something on the cards this upcoming week. If the company checks out, I'll be using a lawyer to file an exemption.

11 minutes ago, Domo said:

BTW, I've been working diligently in trying to find a job offer and apply for a travel exemption. Ive had a few good leads and might have something on the cards this upcoming week. If the company checks out, I'll be using a lawyer to file an exemption.

This is from "Skilled Visa Regional - Australia (190 & 491)", dated 22 June. 

21 hours ago, Domo said:

I spoke to my agent the other day and he said he couldn’t find a way to get an exemption unless I was on a PSML?? 
how are you getting round it @Domo

He did suggest contacting the global service centre and trying to speak to somebody there only tried a couple of times to no avail. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

First time poster here. Not sure if this is the right thread but I hope someone can help me with my question.

I am intending to pursue an application for 491 family sponsored visa. Trade is motor mechanic. I have checked the points table and I would be meeting the requirement of 65 points.

Confusion I have is the points test table is saying that "less than 3 years experience give 0 points but need a skill assessment from relevant assessment body ( which is TRA in my case )". So I checked on the TRA website only to find out that I need to have more than 3 years experience in order to start the assessment application which is wierd.

Not sure whom should I contact to clarify this gap here.

Has anyone been in this scenario on the group. Please advise, much appreciated.

Thanks

7 hours ago, mechanicboy said:

Confusion I have is the points test table is saying that "less than 3 years experience give 0 points but need a skill assessment from relevant assessment body ( which is TRA in my case )". So I checked on the TRA website only to find out that I need to have more than 3 years experience in order to start the assessment application which is wierd.

The skills assessment body has nothing to do with the Immigration department and makes up its own mind about what skill level is acceptable.   You have to meet their requirements first to get the skills assessment so you'll just have to get those 3 years experience, I'm afraid.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Sparks21 said:

This is lovely to read. Especially as all mine have expired too... fingers crossed we here more good news in these areas. Thanks for sharing. 

Yes very encouraging. My Medical expired last month and my PCC expired in April. TBH I don't mind re-doing them if they give me the damn visa haha 

I’m with you there! I had already resided myself to the fact that once I was finally assigned a case officer (I have to keep reminding myself this will happen eventually, feels like it won’t sometimes) that this would be the first thing they asked for as all of mine expired in February. It’s a family of four so is the best part of £1k but would be a small price to pay so my partner could see her parents, sisters, brothers, nephew who she is 1 and hasn’t met yet... etc. Fingers crossed on the vaccine roll out and then hopefully slowly letting temporary visas in with strict quarantine measures... 

On 16/07/2021 at 16:41, mechanicboy said:

Hi,

First time poster here. Not sure if this is the right thread but I hope someone can help me with my question.

I am intending to pursue an application for 491 family sponsored visa. Trade is motor mechanic. I have checked the points table and I would be meeting the requirement of 65 points.

Not sure whom should I contact to clarify this gap here.

Has anyone been in this scenario on the group. Please advise, much appreciated.

Thanks

Best to call TRA. I think the pints test table counts only post qualified experience, IE after your apprenticeship finished. TRA may be referring to total time in that job including training/apprenticeship meaning if you did a 3-year apprenticeship then you can sit the exam. 

I did mine In Feb 2020 but I had 10 years of post-qualified experience at the time. 4 year City & Guilds NVQ level 3 in mechanics 

Edited by skyeman

3 minutes ago, Sparks21 said:

I’m with you there! I had already resided myself to the fact that once I was finally assigned a case officer (I have to keep reminding myself this will happen eventually, feels like it won’t sometimes) that this would be the first thing they asked for as all of mine expired in February. It’s a family of four so is the best part of £1k but would be a small price to pay so my partner could see her parents, sisters, brothers, nephew who she is 1 and hasn’t met yet... etc. Fingers crossed on the vaccine roll out and then hopefully slowly letting temporary visas in with strict quarantine measures... 

I'm in the exact same boat. we are a family of 6 and fresh medicals would be over £1000, I am happy to take the gamble as I know its basically a competition for visas and any delay in giving them what they request could mean the quota gets reached and we miss out. But my Agent has advised that it's best to just leave it till they request them as technically I could do them next week and then if this goes on for another year they will expire again and I'll be another £1000 poorer. I am really tempted to re-do both but Money doesn't grow on tree's and maybe I'm being reckless haha 

Well it’s nice to hear from someone in the same boat. I think half the battle is getting assigned a case officer as they simply aren’t processing the visas as we can’t enter the country due to the border the restrictions. I think one they assign you one, and if they do ask, then you’ve cracked it as you’re being processed. I would wait and as ping as you get them completed on a time manner, you’ll be fine. Would hope it wouldn’t be another year, but who knows? 

Anyone heard of anymore 491 non-essential offshore grants?

I would be up for a FB group or Wattsapp similar to what they have for the 190's, to keep an eye on who's getting granted. Im on a number of generic 491/190/189 ones but its full of numptys trying to sell IELTS results, selling visas etc 

• 3 months later...