Chelsearoxanna

British tourist visa help please

Hello. 

a friend of mine (Australian citizenship) is bringing her boyfriend over to Australia for a holiday (British citizenship working in New Zealand) does he need to apply for a tourist visa? 

he wants to go back to New Zealand but may decide to stay if he likes it. Will he get a no further stay on his tourist visa? I am British and I don’t think I ever had to get a tourist visa 🤭

thank you. 

Yes, he will need an electronia visa - an ETA - however, he will not be able to arrive in Australia until the pandemic is over. Earliest scenario would be at least mid 2022 and that is being optimistic in my opinion!

5 minutes ago, purplealster said:

Yes, he will need an electronia visa - an ETA - however, he will not be able to arrive in Australia until the pandemic is over. Earliest scenario would be at least mid 2022 and that is being optimistic in my opinion!

Why? He’s in New Zealand?

13 minutes ago, purplealster said:

New Zealand is in the safe travel zone (although NSW and Victoria are currently bumped outside the zone). Immi are prioritising tourist visa applications for people in the zone. 

• Like 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

1 hour ago, Chelsearoxanna said:

Hello. 

a friend of mine (Australian citizenship) is bringing her boyfriend over to Australia for a holiday (British citizenship working in New Zealand) does he need to apply for a tourist visa? 

he wants to go back to New Zealand but may decide to stay if he likes it. Will he get a no further stay on his tourist visa? I am British and I don’t think I ever had to get a tourist visa 🤭

thank you. 

If he's able to get an ETA (they're valid for a year, multi-entry but with a maximum stay of 90 days per entry) they never have a no further stay on them. If he applies for a standard tourist visa (subclass 600) he can apply for a stay of 6 or 12 months instead of the usual 3 months - but if the extended period is granted it is likely to attract a no further stay.

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

If he is a UK citizen he can apply for an eVisitor (subclass 651) online. 

9 hours ago, Ken said:

but if the extended period is granted it is likely to attract a no further stay.

Unlikely in my view. 

• Like 2

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post.