British tourist visa help please

Chelsearoxanna

Hello. 

a friend of mine (Australian citizenship) is bringing her boyfriend over to Australia for a holiday (British citizenship working in New Zealand) does he need to apply for a tourist visa? 

he wants to go back to New Zealand but may decide to stay if he likes it. Will he get a no further stay on his tourist visa? I am British and I don’t think I ever had to get a tourist visa 🤭

thank you. 

5 minutes ago, purplealster said:

Yes, he will need an electronia visa - an ETA - however, he will not be able to arrive in Australia until the pandemic is over. Earliest scenario would be at least mid 2022 and that is being optimistic in my opinion!

Why? He’s in New Zealand?

13 minutes ago, purplealster said:

Yes, he will need an electronia visa - an ETA - however, he will not be able to arrive in Australia until the pandemic is over. Earliest scenario would be at least mid 2022 and that is being optimistic in my opinion!

New Zealand is in the safe travel zone (although NSW and Victoria are currently bumped outside the zone). Immi are prioritising tourist visa applications for people in the zone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelsearoxanna said:

Hello. 

a friend of mine (Australian citizenship) is bringing her boyfriend over to Australia for a holiday (British citizenship working in New Zealand) does he need to apply for a tourist visa? 

he wants to go back to New Zealand but may decide to stay if he likes it. Will he get a no further stay on his tourist visa? I am British and I don’t think I ever had to get a tourist visa 🤭

thank you. 

If he's able to get an ETA (they're valid for a year, multi-entry but with a maximum stay of 90 days per entry) they never have a no further stay on them. If he applies for a standard tourist visa (subclass 600) he can apply for a stay of 6 or 12 months instead of the usual 3 months - but if the extended period is granted it is likely to attract a no further stay.