Jump to content
Chelsearoxanna

British tourist visa help please

Recommended Posts

Hello. 
 

a friend of mine (Australian citizenship) is bringing her boyfriend over to Australia for a holiday (British citizenship working in New Zealand) does he need to apply for a tourist visa? 
 

he wants to go back to New Zealand but may decide to stay if he likes it. Will he get a no further stay on his tourist visa? I am British and I don’t think I ever had to get a tourist visa 🤭

 

thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, he will need an electronia visa - an ETA - however, he will not be able to arrive in Australia until the pandemic is over. Earliest scenario would be at least mid 2022 and that is being optimistic in my opinion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, purplealster said:

Yes, he will need an electronia visa - an ETA - however, he will not be able to arrive in Australia until the pandemic is over. Earliest scenario would be at least mid 2022 and that is being optimistic in my opinion!

Why? He’s in New Zealand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, purplealster said:

Yes, he will need an electronia visa - an ETA - however, he will not be able to arrive in Australia until the pandemic is over. Earliest scenario would be at least mid 2022 and that is being optimistic in my opinion!

New Zealand is in the safe travel zone (although NSW and Victoria are currently bumped outside the zone). Immi are prioritising tourist visa applications for people in the zone. 

  • Like 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chelsearoxanna said:

Hello. 
 

a friend of mine (Australian citizenship) is bringing her boyfriend over to Australia for a holiday (British citizenship working in New Zealand) does he need to apply for a tourist visa? 
 

he wants to go back to New Zealand but may decide to stay if he likes it. Will he get a no further stay on his tourist visa? I am British and I don’t think I ever had to get a tourist visa 🤭

 

thank you. 

If he's able to get an ETA (they're valid for a year, multi-entry but with a maximum stay of 90 days per entry) they never have a no further stay on them. If he applies for a standard tourist visa (subclass 600) he can apply for a stay of 6 or 12 months instead of the usual 3 months - but if the extended period is granted it is likely to attract a no further stay.


Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is a UK citizen he can apply for an eVisitor (subclass 651) online. 

9 hours ago, Ken said:

but if the extended period is granted it is likely to attract a no further stay.

Unlikely in my view. 

  • Like 2

____________________________________________________________________

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×