Covid test before flight

Chris 2020 oz

9 minutes ago, Chris 2020 oz said:

I understand we need a negative test result before traveling to oz. My question is do the children need a test before departing. Ages 6,5 and 2 booked with ba but operated with qatar. So it will be a qatar flight 

I’d be very surprised if they don’t.   Anyone that can carry Covid should be tested. .  Kids are little spreaders and will probably become the main spreaders as most adults already are/will be vaccinated very soon.  The information must be online somewhere.  As your flight isn’t until September I’d wait until nearer to time to check the rules as a lot can change in that time. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chris 2020 oz said:

I understand we need a negative test result before traveling to oz. My question is do the children need a test before departing. Ages 6,5 and 2 booked with ba but operated with qatar. So it will be a qatar flight 

Good luck with the trip over. Travelling all that way and then quarantining with kiddies 6, 5 and 2 sounds like a daunting prospect!

16 hours ago, Chris 2020 oz said:

Here is what Cathay Pacific says about this:

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/covid-19/worldwide-travel-restrictions.html

• From 22 January 2021, all passengers aged five or above travelling to or transiting through Australia are required to present a medical certificate indicating a negative COVID-19 test result, conducted within 72 hours of their scheduled flight departure

7 hours ago, Wanderer Returns said:

Good luck with the trip over. Travelling all that way and then quarantining with kiddies 6, 5 and 2 sounds like a daunting prospect!

Its definitely not going to be easy but nessacery for our future. We will pack lots of snacks lol 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rtritudr said:

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/covid-19/worldwide-travel-restrictions.html

• From 22 January 2021, all passengers aged five or above travelling to or transiting through Australia are required to present a medical certificate indicating a negative COVID-19 test result, conducted within 72 hours of their scheduled flight departure

Thats another 250 quid if thats true lol. Tried to call qatar yesterday with no answer

3 hours ago, rtritudr said:

22 hours ago, Chris 2020 oz said:

Thats another 250 quid if thats true lol. Tried to call qatar yesterday with no answer

Well here is an official Australian government page:

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-international-travellers/coronavirus-covid-19-faqs-international-travellers-to-australia

Pre-departure testing exemptions

1. Children aged under 5 years (4 years and younger) at the time of check-in for the scheduled flight departure

On 23/05/2021 at 07:14, Chris 2020 oz said:

We just flew from UK this week with Qatar, got our pcr tests done at Gatwick airport by express test it was only £60 per person there and £80 per person for Heathrow in case that helps at all.

Edited by Heading4Tassie
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Heading4Tassie said:

We just flew from UK this week with Qatar, got our pcr tests done at Gatwick airport by express test it was only £60 per person there and £80 per person for Heathrow in case that helps at all.

Would you mind asking it that was an economy flight or not? which state? We have already booked with Qatar this summer to Perth but have heard many times that they are cancelling economy seats in favour of flying more business / first class due to the weekly cap. 

We flew into Sydney and flew business class as was concerned about being bumped plus we matching up with our fur kid flying too. First flight Lon to Doha 58 people on board only 8 in business rest in economy then Doha to Sydney 45 people only 7 in business, a few on the flight to Sydney were diverted from Melbourne. So most people were flying economy class on both flights.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Heading4Tassie said:

yea we are going to book at Heathrow. We will drive up a couple of days before and get them done. 

We just had our flights for august cancelled and after trying for hours we have a flight one day later with a 20hr layover in Doha instead of the three when we booked, I am very happy we have a flight still and we are registered with the consulate encase of more shenanigans, kind of scared of being homeless and stranded if we get bumped.

1 hour ago, ladymacbeth260@gmail.com said:

We just had our flights for august cancelled and after trying for hours we have a flight one day later with a 20hr layover in Doha instead of the three when we booked, I am very happy we have a flight still and we are registered with the consulate encase of more shenanigans, kind of scared of being homeless and stranded if we get bumped.

Sorry to hear about your flights. Fingers crossed we don't get our ones cancelled. We have a hotel booked the night before and will be booking pcr tests before aswell. Not to mention shipping being sent. 

• Like 1

On 30/05/2021 at 16:14, ladymacbeth260@gmail.com said:

If you don't mind me asking did you have to pay more?  I can see one way Qatar flights for September are now at £9000+ vs the £2500 I paid in March.