What is the time period luggage can be classified as 'unaccompanied personal effects'?

Hi,

I would like to know the maximum number of months from the date of my arrival in Australia that my personal goods can be classified as 'unaccompanied personal effects'?

I am living in London.  I would like to get the packers in to pack my flat up and place all the boxes in storage in England.  I would then go to Australia. After being in Australia for some time I would then request the storage company to ship my stuff to Australia.  Looking at the Australia Border Force website I could not find the maximum number of months after I arrive in Australia that the storage boxes can be classified as 'unaccompanied personal effects'.  Nor could I find at what month do they change from 'unaccompanied personal effects' to 'importing goods'.  My aim is to avoid the 'importing goods' classification as it seems customs duty and GST are charged.  I am an Australian citizen.  I prefer to use storage in England.

Any information, tips or ideas most appreciated.

Thanks.

Interesting the wording has changed and become more vague I think.  I'm sure it used to say 6 months.

Arrival time of the goods

Your personal effects may arrive in Australia before or after you. There must be a connection between your travel to Australia and the importation of the personal effects. For example, you cannot use the UPE concession if you arrange to import your personal effects months after you arrive in Australia.

Where you arrange to transport your personal effects before you arrive in Australia, you may be able to use the UPE concession. You must prove you intend to travel to Australia in a reasonable time. Evidence could be an airline ticket or evidence of a work contract in Australia. If your personal effects arrive in Australia before you, they may still be eligible for the UPE concession.

There are currently restrictions on travel to Australia because of COVID-19. You will need to show that you can travel at the time you intend. If you are unable to, you cannot use the UPE concession.

Unaccompanied Personal Effects (abf.gov.au)