Bridging Visa B for travel more than 3 months

Hi All,

I applied for Temporary visa 485 graduate subclass on 21st September 20. Its been more than 9 months but there has been no activity on my application.

I am currently on bridging visa A and in process of getting it converted to bridging visa B and applying for exemption to travel to India on compassionate and caring grounds.

Given situation in India and limited return flights, it is hard to determine that I would be able to return to Australia in less than 3 months and it seems that AU government is more lenient in giving exemptions for 3 months+ return window.

As per Immi website, BVB can be applied\reapplied only when in Australia and it is recommended that it is for less than 3 months duration.

I am stuck in dilemma, to increase possibility of getting an exemption I need more than 3 months of BVB but AU immigration allows BVB for less than 3 months and it can be applied when in AU.

Please help me and suggest how I can travel to India to take care of my family and still be able to come back to Australia in case of any delays(3months +).

You are in a difficult position I don’t envy you.  Obviously it would be best to wait for your visa grant, but even then that is temporary. 
I understand your desire to return to support family but you need to be fully aware of the consequences for your future.  I would honestly get some advice from one of the agents who posts on these forums, it will be money well spent.

• Like 1

BVBs can be issued for longer than three months. As others have said, once you leave you will need an exemption to return. You can apply for this before you go, but obviously they can still change their minds when you are out the country, so it’s not a guarantee. 

• Like 1