Can I re-enter Aus from NZ during the 60days after 482 visa ends?

EmR

My 482 visa is ending soon. I know that i have 60 days to exit Australia at the end of the visa but I'd like to visit New Zealand before I go back to the UK. During this 60 day period, will I be able to visit New Zealand and then re-enter Australia? Or will I then be unable to re-enter the country? Thanks!

14 hours ago, EmR said:

My 482 visa is ending soon. I know that i have 60 days to exit Australia at the end of the visa but I'd like to visit New Zealand before I go back to the UK. During this 60 day period, will I be able to visit New Zealand and then re-enter Australia? Or will I then be unable to re-enter the country? Thanks!

You do not have 60 days after your visa expires.

If your visa expires while you are in Australia you will become unlawful.

Unbearable situation here: 

- 482 visa granted back in Aug 2016 (the old 457 Visa)

- Flew back to the UK March 2020 for a 3 week break. 

- Borders shut. Unable to get back. 

- 482 Visa expired Aug 2020. 

- 186 TRT applied for July 2020. 

- Still waiting for approval May 2021. 

- Been working for no salary since April 2020, Aussie hours from the UK. Not sure how long I can continue to do this before I break.

Am I still worth applying for Travel exemptions in hopes that approval will trigger Visa approval? 

Any other avenues other than waiting indefinitely? 

Anyone else in this boat??

Cheers!

48 minutes ago, RecPom said:

Unbearable situation here: 

- 482 visa granted back in Aug 2016 (the old 457 Visa)

- Flew back to the UK March 2020 for a 3 week break. 

- Borders shut. Unable to get back. 

- Been working for no salary since April 2020,

It's an awful situation, but why on earth are you working for no salary?  You are working for the company perfectly legally (because you don't need a visa if you're a remote worker) so you are entitled to be paid your full salary.  Sounds like they are shamelessly taking advantage of you.

Edited by Marisawright

3 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

It's an awful situation, but why on earth are you working for no salary?  You are working for the company perfectly legally (because you don't need a visa if you're a remote worker) so you are entitled to be paid your full salary.

Because they've got me by the balls and both of us know it - My PR is a 186 TRT so going through work. If they let me go, my application gets cancelled so the pressure is there to tow the line and keep on side. They made a case to say because I'm not on-shore I'm unable to fulfil my employment contract (BS - I've placed more people than anyone in the company since being remote and completely destroy my body clock to maintain Aussie hours) I've made several attempts reinstate salary but have been denied.. Pretty sure this is criminal but at this point I can't afford to go on a full scale attack as I'll end up getting my Visa application revoked.

So again just an impossible situation where I need the company in order to get the PR, and the PR in order to get back to Aus and get a salary.. Not the best year and a half of my life I'll say that..

7 hours ago, RecPom said:

Because they've got me by the balls and both of us know it - My PR is a 186 TRT so going through work. If they let me go, my application gets cancelled so the pressure is there to tow the line and keep on side. They made a case to say because I'm not on-shore I'm unable to fulfil my employment contract 

One of the criteria for the 186 is showing that the position is genuine and needed. If you are off shore and have not been paid for a long time, it is likely the Department will conclude that your position is not required. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RecPom said:

Because they've got me by the balls and both of us know it - My PR is a 186 TRT so going through work. If they let me go, my application gets cancelled so the pressure is there to tow the line and keep on side. They made a case to say because I'm not on-shore I'm unable to fulfil my employment contract (BS - I've placed more people than anyone in the company since being remote and completely destroy my body clock to maintain Aussie hours) I've made several attempts reinstate salary but have been denied.. Pretty sure this is criminal but at this point I can't afford to go on a full scale attack as I'll end up getting my Visa application revoked.

So again just an impossible situation where I need the company in order to get the PR, and the PR in order to get back to Aus and get a salary.. Not the best year and a half of my life I'll say that..

I know getting into Australia is hard, but do you really want to commit to a company that would treat you like this?

• Like 2