Visitor visa 600

JennySN

Hello all. Need some advice or if anyone is in the same situation. My husband is Canadian citizen. He has been to Australia twice for a visit. I am an Australian citizen. We have a baby girl born in Canada and now she’s a dual citizen. 

my question is. My husband applied for visitor visa March 20 2021. There is no update on that yet. How long does it take for a visa approval? 

thnx 

16 hours ago, JennySN said:

Hello all. Need some advice or if anyone is in the same situation. My husband is Canadian citizen. He has been to Australia twice for a visit. I am an Australian citizen. We have a baby girl born in Canada and now she’s a dual citizen. 

my question is. My husband applied for visitor visa March 20 2021. There is no update on that yet. How long does it take for a visa approval? 

thnx 

Unless you have also applied for, and been granted, a travel exemption, they will not process the visitor visa application. 

29 minutes ago, paulhand said:

Unless you have also applied for, and been granted, a travel exemption, they will not process the visitor visa application. 

Oh yeah exemption is approved. His application status is still showing “Received”. It’s been almost 8weeks. 

Edited by JennySN
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/05/2021 at 15:44, paulhand said:

On the government website it says you don’t need to apply for an individual exemption if you’re immediate family?

On 05/05/2021 at 18:33, JennySN said:

thnx 

I am New Zealander submitted 600 visa application in March 21 currently sitting in further assessment

• 2 months later...
On 06/05/2021 at 00:02, JennySN said:

Oh yeah exemption is approved. His application status is still showing “Received”. It’s been almost 8weeks. 

Hi @JennySN

Can I ask what the outcome was for you? Have you received the 600 visa and how long did it take?

Asking because we have applied also but flying in 6-7 weeks and only just applied as it's for our newborn baby!

5 hours ago, JennySN said:

It took almost 4months to get his visa approved and it’s for 6months. We were told not to book flights until visa approval because of covid applications are taking longer to process. Good luck 

Thank you. I'm quite shocked but our baby's 600 visa has just been approved. It took less than 2 days?! We were thinking we would have a 7 month wait ahead of us. 

Incredibly relieved tbh as we have sold our house and will effectively be homeless in a matter of weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

That’s great news. Congratulations. Yeah for babies it’s very quick. We had my daughters citizenship within a month. With all this covid lockdown going on in Australia right now. It’s very scary. We have a flight in less than 3 weeks. Hopefully things will ease down a bit. 
safe travels guys 

19 minutes ago, JennySN said:

That’s great news. Congratulations. Yeah for babies it’s very quick. We had my daughters citizenship within a month. With all this covid lockdown going on in Australia right now. It’s very scary. We have a flight in less than 3 weeks. Hopefully things will ease down a bit. 
safe travels guys 

Where are you flying into? We're supposed to fly into Sydney but our final destination is melbourne so that complicates things as the border currently allows no movement between those two states. Nothing is ever easy is it... 

We would have liked to have sorted citizenship for our littlest before we left UK but just don't have the time so will have to tackle it once we land there. Great that you got your daughters in a month! 

Just now, JennySN said:

We have to speak to our travel agent from Downunder travel and tell us what we should do. 

OK good luck. Please do let me know how you get on as we are in the same situation and also wondering how to tackle this. I can't see any available flights to switch my flight to another city either so I think we're stuck with Sydney. 

3 minutes ago, JennySN said:

Thank you. Sure will keep updating. Our travel agent tried to get us flight from another city but only option available was Sydney. Let’s keep hoping for good change in September. 

What airline are you flying with? We have flights booked with Singapore but we are considering dfat flights to Darwin if we can get them. 

Yes they're reviewing the caps at end of August so fingers crossed for some positive changes that takes the pressure off the situation. 

10 minutes ago, bicek said:

What airline are you flying with? We have flights booked with Singapore but we are considering dfat flights to Darwin if we can get them. 

Yes they're reviewing the caps at end of August so fingers crossed for some positive changes that takes the pressure off the situation. 

I wouldn't be holding your breath on that. Part of the reason for low caps is a lack of hotel quarantine rooms. Owing to closed state borders and lockdowns across much of the country, many many people crossing state borders are ending up in hotel quarantine. There is only a limited number of rooms available.........

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nemesis said:

I wouldn't be holding your breath on that. Part of the reason for low caps is a lack of hotel quarantine rooms. Owing to closed state borders and lockdowns across much of the country, many many people crossing state borders are ending up in hotel quarantine. There is only a limited number of rooms available.........

Yikes I didn't even think of the impact of that. Yep I'm not holding my breath for anything to be honest. I'll be pinching myself a few times if I actually make it onto a plane. 

12 hours ago, bicek said:

Yikes I didn't even think of the impact of that. Yep I'm not holding my breath for anything to be honest. I'll be pinching myself a few times if I actually make it onto a plane. 

The caps were reduced because of the recent Delta outbreak in Australia.  As the situation has only worsened since then, I doubt they're going to restore the capacity any time soon.

11 hours ago, rtritudr said:

The caps were reduced because of the recent Delta outbreak in Australia.  As the situation has only worsened since then, I doubt they're going to restore the capacity any time soon.

They won't. As above there is no capacity in quarantine hotels.