Resident Return Visa

immigrant589

I am living here in Australia for almost 2 years and my family for around 1.5 years. Our PR is getting expired in Feb 2022, but due to some family problems (parents ailing health), I need to return back to my home country. Due to covid and travel restrictions, I can't wait here longer and even can't bring my parents here and don't know when these restrictions will end. I want to get a RRV for 5 years with my family, so that I can return back after sometime. To meet residence requirement for citizenship I require 2 more years in Australia which are tough at the moment for me to live here.

Can I know if I and my family will be able to get 5 years RRV and what documents are required that demonstrate close ties with Australia. Would I family also get 5 years RRV despite they are living for less than 2 years provided if I get 5 years RRV as I am here for 2 years. I am really in a desperate situation and your help and response are highly appreciated.

12 hours ago, immigrant589 said:

Can I know if I and my family will be able to get 5 years RRV

Only when you have spent 2 years in Australia. 

12 hours ago, immigrant589 said:

Would I family also get 5 years RRV despite they are living for less than 2 years provided if I get 5 years RRV as I am here for 2 years.

No ... one year only