lesleyB

RRV how much evidence to attach?

Just in the process of doing the online application for us. Myself, husband and 19 yr old daughter. Hoping to return March 2022. Didn't get back before it ran out in Aug 2020 and don't have the 2 yrs in the previous 5 so really hoping for 12 month visa. I have quite a bit of evidence that will cover us but as my daughter is now an adult will she need to provide her own cover letter of reasons etc or will it be looked at as a package if I just upload them all attached to mine? Hope that makes sense? Thanks for any advice. 😊

It depends how flimsy your case is. The most important thing is proving strong ties to Australia. If they’re not adequate, then all the reasons in the world will make no difference 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

The one who has the strongest ties and proof should apply first, then the others apply adding the family member with the RRV as additional evidence.  Having a family member with PR, or an RRV is a strong tie.  You have time to do this and you only risk one application fee initially. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

2 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

The one who has the strongest ties and proof should apply first, then the others apply adding the family member with the RRV as additional evidence.  Having a family member with PR, or an RRV is a strong tie.  You have time to do this and you only risk one application fee initially. 

Very good advice. My wife and I went through the process about 18 months ago. Fortunately I was already a citizen so it was just an RRV application for my wife, which was straightforward because being married to a citizen is a very strong tie if the citizen wishes to return to Australia. However, apart from that we didn't have anything else! The biggest issue is that you've let your PR expire, so you no longer have the option to return here if your RRV is refused.

I wish you the best of luck but based on what you've said your chances of getting back (given current circumstances) aren't great. I would definitely recommend consulting a RMA before you put any applications in, as they may pick up on something which could favor your application.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is more to it than has has been posted. May I suggest that you consult one of the RMAs who posts on this forum for advice about strategy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have built a good case as we always intended to return but time and then covid got in the way. I have proof of flights that were booked for all 3 of us in April 2020. Proof I have kept my nurse REG going as well as our bank account open. A letter from my late mum's gp confirming her illness and subsequent death and me being main carer from the time we left in 2014 having spent 3 years there previously from 2011. Only came back because of my mums failing health. I also have a letter off my  team manager in oz saying there would be work for me if I returned. I guess my question is will this evidence support all 3 of us and would i upload it with each application? Thanks again for any guidance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lesleyB said:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have built a good case as we always intended to return but time and then covid got in the way. I have proof of flights that were booked for all 3 of us in April 2020. Proof I have kept my nurse REG going as well as our bank account open. A letter from my late mum's gp confirming her illness and subsequent death and me being main carer from the time we left in 2014 having spent 3 years there previously from 2011. Only came back because of my mums failing health. I also have a letter off my  team manager in oz saying there would be work for me if I returned. I guess my question is will this evidence support all 3 of us and would i upload it with each application? Thanks again for any guidance. 

We went back to the UK for exactly the same reason - to support my mum - at the same time. We returned in December 2014 and she passed on in 2018, so fortunately we had chance to take care of my wife's RRV before her PR expired in October 2020. If you get an RRV they will only give you one year, so you need to make sure you will be ready to move before it expires. Most of the things you've mentioned don't constitute 'substantial ties' with Australia. You should really get advice from an RMA before you submit an application.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lesleyB said:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have built a good case as we always intended to return but time and then covid got in the way. I have proof of flights ...

All good but the fact remains you have no current TIES to Australia, just an intention to return, which is not good enough.  Having a concrete job offer would be a lot better than just a "maybe" letter and might get you over the line.

Having said that, they may be more lenient due to Covid.  However, I would strongly advise you get an agent to put it together for you.  They know exactly how to word things to get the best outcome.  Get a quote from someone like Westly (who posted above).  It's not nearly as expensive as a visa application!

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Thanks again everyone. No chance of a formal job offer without a visa and as feasbly it will be next year. I have made a good case in my personal statement and have kept contact with a lot of people including quite a few cousins and friends who are oz born and would be willing to back me up. But I may just look into an agent. Thanks again. Really don't want to mess this up. 

1 hour ago, lesleyB said:

I have made a good case in my personal statement and have kept contact with a lot of people including quite a few cousins and friends who are oz born and would be willing to back me up. 

You've made a good  case that you always meant to come back - which means nothing.  You've got friends and a few relatives in Australia, but they're not immediate family so they don't count. You've explained why you didn't make it back in time - not relevant, though Covid may be the one reason they'll allow.

I have been on these forums a long time, and time and again I've seen agents say that you MUST be able to demonstrate strong ties to Australia.  If you cannot, they may not even read your explanation of your absence or your desire to return.  I would really, really recommend an agent since your ties are so tenuous.  If you want some comparative quotes, try Suncoast Migration and Go Matilda as well as Westly above.  

It would be a pity to lose your right to live in Australia for the sake of a few hundred dollars.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

You've made a good  case that you always meant to come back - which means nothing.  You've got friends and a few relatives in Australia, but they're not immediate family so they don't count. You've explained why you didn't make it back in time - not relevant, though Covid may be the one reason they'll allow.

I have been on these forums a long time, and time and again I've seen agents say that you MUST be able to demonstrate strong ties to Australia.  If you cannot, they may not even read your explanation of your absence or your desire to return.  I would really, really recommend an agent since your ties are so tenuous.  If you want some comparative quotes, try Suncoast Migration and Go Matilda as well as Westly above.  

It would be a pity to lose your right to live in Australia for the sake of a few hundred dollars.

Thank you. I've sent off enquires for some advice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lesleyB said:

Thanks again everyone. No chance of a formal job offer without a visa and as feasbly it will be next year. I have made a good case in my personal statement and have kept contact with a lot of people including quite a few cousins and friends who are oz born and would be willing to back me up. But I may just look into an agent. Thanks again. Really don't want to mess this up. 

From what I’ve read on this forum over the years the main thing is strong ties. A confirmed job offer is a tie as is close family (not cousins or friends)  Why you spent years in the U.K. isn’t really relevant.  From what you’ve put, you don’t have strong ties. That doesn’t mean you stand no chance but it doesn’t sound like it’s in the bag either.  A consultation with an agent is a must to stand the best chance. You may spend your life regretting it otherwise, as Marisa says,  definitely not worth that risk for the sake of a small outlay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, lesleyB said:

Thank you. I've sent off enquires for some advice. 

Good luck. We have seen some cases get an RRV that we thought had no chance, and it seems they are being more lenient due to Covid - so fingers crossed!

• Thanks 1

Our email to your email address bounced so we forwarded it via our gmail account. 

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com