491 visa

1 hour ago, louwilkins said:

Thanks, I'm a nurse. 

I've seen agents saying this is the perfect time for nurses and doctors to try for a visa because it will get much harder after Covid has died down.  No idea if that's still the case  but might be worth getting an agent like @paulhand or @Raul Senise to do a basic check of your situation and advise if you have to do anything special

• 1 month later...

@louwilkins, I just saw on another thread that the Priority list applies ONLY to employer-sponsored visas.   So you can apply for a family-sponsored 491 now, but it won't even be looked at until the borders reopen (next year some time).  There may be some advantage in applying now so you get in the queue, when you think of what the backlog will be by then - but I don't know

Thank you. I have submitted EOI for 491 family already. Am waiting on AHPRA and was looking at potentially applying for state nomination but WA aren't accepting offshore as far as I am aware. Feel quite deflated at the minute about it all at the moment. My eldest child is coming up to her GCSE years from September which is going to make it harder to move should we ever get an ITA. 

2 hours ago, louwilkins said:

Thank you. I have submitted EOI for 491 family already. Am waiting on AHPRA and was looking at potentially applying for state nomination but WA aren't accepting offshore as far as I am aware. Feel quite deflated at the minute about it all at the moment. My eldest child is coming up to her GCSE years from September which is going to make it harder to move should we ever get an ITA. 

With the best will in the world you would never have gotten a family sponsored visa in time for your child not to have had to start her GCSE years in the Uk.

Maybe wait until she has her GCSEs before moving, you'd be mad to leave in the middle of an exam cycle

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

First time poster here. Not sure if this is the right thread but I hope someone can help me with my question.

I am intending to pursue an application for 491 family sponsored visa. Trade is motor mechanic. I have checked the points table and I would be meeting the requirement of 65 points.

Confusion I have is the points test table is saying that "less than 3 years experience give 0 points but need a skill assessment from relevant assessment body ( which is TRA in my case )". So I checked on the TRA website only to find out that I need to have more than 3 years experience in order to start the assessment application which is wierd.

Not sure whom should I contact to clarify this gap here.

Has anyone been in this scenario on the group. Please advise, much appreciated.

Thanks

11 hours ago, mechanicboy said:

Hi,

First time poster here. Not sure if this is the right thread but I hope someone can help me with my question.

I am intending to pursue an application for 491 family sponsored visa. Trade is motor mechanic. I have checked the points table and I would be meeting the requirement of 65 points.

Confusion I have is the points test table is saying that "less than 3 years experience give 0 points but need a skill assessment from relevant assessment body ( which is TRA in my case )". So I checked on the TRA website only to find out that I need to have more than 3 years experience in order to start the assessment application which is wierd.

Not sure whom should I contact to clarify this gap here.

Answered on the other thread. It's not a gap.  The TRA makes its own decisions and has nothing to do with Immigration.  If you can't get the skills assessment until you have 3 years experience then that's what you need.