Alan Collett

Formal cap announced on parent visa numbers for program year 2020_21

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2021L00511

4          Maximum number of visas—Contributory Parent visas

(1)     A maximum of 3,600 Contributory Parent visas may be granted in the financial year from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021.

(2)     Of the maximum number of Contributory Parent visas determined in subsection (1), a maximum of 125 visas may be granted to applicants for the Contributory Parent (Migrant) (Class CA) visa who are seeking to satisfy either:

(a)   the primary criteria set out in clause 143.214 of Schedule 2 to the Regulations; or

(b)   the secondary criteria set out in clause 143.313 of Schedule 2 to the Regulations.

5          Maximum number of visas—Parent visas

A maximum of 900 Parent visas may be granted in the financial year from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021.

6          Maximum number of visas—Other Family visas

A maximum of 500 Other Family visas may be granted in the financial year from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Thanks Alan - in what way do you anticipate this will impact processing? Do you anticipate a significant increase in waiting times or is this in line with typical annual number of grants up to this point?

:evilface_frowning_s

31 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Thanks Alan - in what way do you anticipate this will impact processing? Do you anticipate a significant increase in waiting times or is this in line with typical annual number of grants up to this point?

I've written a blog at the Go Matilda Parents web site - I think I'm not allowed to post a link here.

I've also lodged a Freedom of Information (FoI) request to find out the number of visas granted already in the period 1 July 2020 to 31 March 2021, in an effort to get a handle on how many more parent visas might be granted in the last 3 months of the current program year.

Best regards.

• Like 2

@Alan Collett Do you anticipate any changes - or know when they would likely be announced, to the number of partner visas that will be granted? I have heard that this may well happen in June - if an application is lodged before any changes to number of visas to be allocated, will you be considered under the existing or new rules ? Many thanks

8 hours ago, talktosi said:

@Alan Collett Do you anticipate any changes - or know when they would likely be announced, to the number of partner visas that will be granted? I have heard that this may well happen in June - if an application is lodged before any changes to number of visas to be allocated, will you be considered under the existing or new rules ? Many thanks

I have no news presently regarding partner visa applications - save for this, received yesterday afternoon.

Click on the family visa processing link.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/what-we-do/skilled-migration-program/skilled-visa-newsletters/april-2021

Best regards.