Flights via Singapore from UK

JonnyM

Hello,

my visa and travel exemption has just come through and my company want me to travel before the beginning of June (late notice, I know) with my wife and 2 kids. 

we’re moving from Aberdeen to Perth.

some of the options for flights that aren’t ridiculous prices are via Singapore but I’ve found it very difficult to understand the transit rules. Those flights would be going via Aberdeen - Amsterdam - Singapore - Perth. 

I couldn’t tell for sure but is there some rule that you can only transit through Singapore from the Uk if you’re on the Singapore Airways LHR-Singapore flight? 

all very confusing!

Hiya, we are flying from Scotland some time soon too. I was kind of thinking that the Amsterdam route wasn’t an option. I can’t remember why, sorry, I got so confused but in the end I decided that the best route would be to go via London no matter what. I started checking international departures and I actually don’t think there are actually any going from Aberdeen, although you can book them I don’t know if they are actually departing. I think I noticed that the only flights departing abz are going to London, Ireland etc, but please check again I’m not sure and still checking for myself. Please let me know what you decide.