COVID 408 Visa

Gmacs430

Just looking some advice and thoughts. I am currently in my 3rd Working Holiday Visa, got my 2nd via farm work and my 3rd via working in a critical sector (disability support work). My visa does not expire until the the end of Jan 2022 but i want to try and be as proactive as possible because the thought of going home absolutely kills me haha. A couple of questions I have...any answers at all are appreciated! 

- Do you guys think the 408 COVID Visa will still be available towards the end of the year? 

• I have heard of people being granted between 3 months and a year on these visas, what is the best way to get the longest time possible, would it be a letter from your employer saying they need you etc.? currently work in a disability support company so it is a 'critical sector'
  • Can you apply for a COVID visa again when your first is expiring?

don't want to go home image.gif.200ab200e01e3bdf51b967987a1a8725.gif haha 

thanks guys

5 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Who knows if it will still be available.  You can be granted up to 12 months and Immigration decides how long to give you.  You can't extend or renew it, so whatever you get is all you'll get. 

Apparently you can extend it:- 

If you currently hold a COVID-19 Pandemic event visa that is about to expire you may be eligible for another COVID-19 Pandemic event visa if:

• you wish to remain in Australia to continue working in a critical sector, or
  • you are unable to depart Australia before the expiry of your visa due to COVID-19 travel restrictions

Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Australian Government endorsed events (COVID-19 Pandemic event) (homeaffairs.gov.au)

• Like 1