Torn

Klear

7 hours ago, Undecided99 said:

I feel for you as I am struggling with the decision whether to move back to One of Oz’s smaller cities after 20 years in the UK. My kids are 15 and 12 and we are all Aussie citizens but I worry about pulling them out of top selective schools here and giving up my and DH’s careers in fields that are less likely to lead to jobs for us in Oz so will be a big step back in career.  I spend a lot of time thinking about where will the kids be happier as adults and have better careers themselves, here or Oz. I think they’re more likely to move away to the bigger east coast cities in Oz from our home city when they graduate, but maybe are more likely to stay in London if we continue to live here, but who knows!? I may end up also with one on each side of the world. 

Am juggling trying to work out what is best for me/DH/my kids/my elderly parents who are in Oz. These are challenging enough issues when you are in one country but on different continents plus Covid is very challenging indeed!

Good luck! 

I would tend to think if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. You’ve got good jobs, your kids are getting a good education, there’s not much to choose between two first world countries and your kids could end up anywhere from Alaska to Zanzibar and you’ll have no say over where they go and what they do. If you’ve got a home you enjoy living in and friends/family you enjoy being with, then don’t screw it up.  If on the other hand, your soul aches because you’re in the wrong place and you just don’t belong where you are - and things are broke - then move. 

• Like 3