Such a lot to plan - and that’s just the flight

Coxy7

It has been stressful and now we are nearly there but now just booking the flight seems to be as big a problem as any.

so I gotta have the Covid test 72 hours before the flight, think I will have to travel for Covid test and I think I have to do an online form before I go, not sure of anything else.

then what happens if one of us has COVID, do we get a refund? Then I’ve just discovered people who are on booked flights are not getting into Australia because of lack of quarantine accommodation.

This bit seems just as daunting as any other of the processes.

I had to get passport photos yesterday. My youngest daughter was raging as she doesn’t like photos and it took us about 30 minutes to persuade her. It’s the third time we’ve been. LOL nothing is easy.

• Like 1

Bless you, it is certainly a stressful time moving across the world and with COVID chucked into the mix, i can only imagine how you are feeling about it all. We have a couple of threads going from those who have moved the move and done the quarantine and they have all said it's not that bad.

Where are you flying into?

Cal x

4 minutes ago, calNgary said:

Bless you, it is certainly a stressful time moving across the world and with COVID chucked into the mix, i can only imagine how you are feeling about it all. We have a couple of threads going from those who have moved the move and done the quarantine and they have all said it's not that bad.

Where are you flying into?

Cal x

We are flying into Brisbane then after quarantine I think we will have to book another flight to Hervey Bay as you have to quarantine at the port of arrival. I will look for some threads.

• Like 1

Quite a lot of arrivals seem to stay at the Westin in Brisbane CBD for their quarantine. The ones you see there with kids look to have pretty big rooms, its just crap you cant leave the room and use the facilities but  just keep thinking you have a lifetime to do that once your free,haha. 

Good luck with it all and keep us updated.

Cal x

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coxy7 said:

then what happens if one of us has COVID, do we get a refund? Then I’ve just discovered people who are on booked flights are not getting into Australia because of lack of quarantine accommodation.

That depends on the airline, although they seem to have become more flexible since covid. I'd definitely book directly with the airline rather than through an agent though - it's what we did. Check Brisbane airport arrivals to see which airlines still have planes landing because very few are at the moment. Qatar have been very reliable to date and I believe Singapore Airlines are now flying into Brisbane, but you should check if passengers from the UK are still allowed to transit through Changi, because Singapore keep changing the rules. Personally, I'd fly with Qatar - they got my wife here safely last year. Expect to pay an eye-watering £2,000/person for your flights though!

https://www.bne.com.au/passenger/flights/arrivals-departures

Make sure you bring plenty to entertain your little ones, or it'll be a long two weeks. XBoxes / iPads seem to be popular - and British snacks!

Good luck - the short term pain will be worth the long term gain 🙂 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wanderer Returns said:

That depends on the airline, although they seem to have become more flexible since covid. I'd definitely book directly with the airline rather than through an agent though - it's what we did. Check Brisbane airport arrivals to see which airlines still have planes landing because very few are at the moment. Qatar have been very reliable to date and I believe Singapore Airlines are now flying into Brisbane, but you should check if passengers from the UK are still allowed to transit through Changi, because Singapore keep changing the rules. Personally, I'd fly with Qatar - they got my wife here safely last year. Expect to pay an eye-watering £2,000/person for your flights though!

https://www.bne.com.au/passenger/flights/arrivals-departures

Make sure you bring plenty to entertain your little ones, or it'll be a long two weeks. XBoxes / iPads seem to be popular - and British snacks!

Good luck - the short term pain will be worth the long term gain 🙂 

That would depend on timing, we've paid £2500 for four of us in September.  It remains to be seen if we actually get on a plane with those tickets!

• Like 1