Citizenship Application + Passport

Jack91

About 1 day away from clicking go on my application for citizenship but my UK passport runs expires on 11/08/2021. Should I renew that before I start the process? I assume having an out of date UK passport isn’t allowed? I’m not sure and am looking for some advice. 

Thank you in advance! Also - hello again to some of you who helped in the first place and nah remember me! 

Nah mate no one cares. it is used for identification purpose since you used it to enter Australia unlike visa applications citizenship is not a visa. You should renew if you intend to travel overseas but it has nothing to do with your application. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jack91 said:

Thanks you two. If I renew my passport between now and then accepting me, I Assume that’s a different matter and might cause issue? 

Not sure, i never renewed ours ,we just got Aussie ones as soon as citizenship was through

Cal x

1 hour ago, Jack91 said:

Thanks you two. If I renew my passport between now and then accepting me, I Assume that’s a different matter and might cause issue? 

No apply now with your current passport then if you renew just upload details of the new one. Don’t forget to also do this for immi so the visa can be attached to the new passport. You never know how long the process will take and you are not a citizen until the ceremony. 
Also easier to renew uk passport as a non dual citizen as no issue with supplying Oz passport in evidence. 

47 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

No apply now with your current passport then if you renew just upload details of the new one. Don’t forget to also do this for immi so the visa can be attached to the new passport. You never know how long the process will take and you are not a citizen until the ceremony. 
Also easier to renew uk passport as a non dual citizen as no issue with supplying Oz passport in evidence. 

So I should apply for the citizenship now, renew my passport in a couple weeks and update the information on immi. 

You’re saying it’s easier to renew UK passport before getting citizenship? 

1 hour ago, Jack91 said:

So I should apply for the citizenship now, renew my passport in a couple weeks and update the information on immi. 

You’re saying it’s easier to renew UK passport before getting citizenship? 

Yes and yes. Only that if you have another citizenship you have to provide details of that and send the passport. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welljock said:

You should only need your photo signed if you are not recognisable since you last passport photo or it's your first adult passport.

It’s asking for photos in the evidence section, and has the 1195 form in the recommended section 

I applied for citizenship and then sent off my UK passport for renewal. When the passport renewal came back I went back into my citizenship application and updated the passport number accordingly. In terms of photos for evidence I went to the post office and had to get two different sized photos taken in order to upload what was needed for the citizenship that was a different size to that needed to renew my uk passport.

Since this was last year my UK passport took six months from application to return of the new passport.

plus updated the immi details in relation to my current visa to new passport number 

Edited by elderberry
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, elderberry said:

I applied for citizenship and then sent off my UK passport for renewal. When the passport renewal came back I went back into my citizenship application and updated the passport number accordingly. In terms of photos for evidence I went to the post office and had to get two different sized photos taken in order to upload what was needed for the citizenship that was a different size to that needed to renew my uk passport.

Since this was last year my UK passport took six months from application to return of the new passport.

plus updated the immi details in relation to my current visa to new passport number 

Sounds like what I’ll be doing! Thanks! 

Trying to attach scanned endorsed photo but no option to "choose file"? Any ideas? 547960386_Screenshot2021-04-17at09_12_58.thumb.png.0d5f75b8e24f4b3bd98d0fbdb4baeb91.png

EDIT: For some reason I had to attach the rear first, then it would let me click attach and took me to the page where you select your face! 

Edited by Jack91