Cots

SIM card

Is there anyway of getting an Australian SIM card before we get to quarantine? Or can we get one whilst in quarantine?

176 Visa lodged Oct 09, CO request meds Jan 11. Meds arrived in Oz 14 Feb 11, status changed to processing further 16 Feb 11, PCC sent 23 Feb, VISA GRANTED 25 FEB 11.

3 hours ago, Cots said:

Is there anyway of getting an Australian SIM card before we get to quarantine? Or can we get one whilst in quarantine?

You should be able to get one sent to your hotel room if you can't get one before.

I went on a monthly contract with UK Vodafone before I came out just until I got my Aus sim. Only cost £35 with unlimited international minutes.

4 hours ago, Cots said:

We quarantined in Sydney and they actually gave us a couple of free SIM cards on arrival at the airport  which was really handy!

Not sure if all the states do this though. 

Back to the SIM card... you can order an Optus one online and they will send it to the UK, so you can be set up on arrival. I wouldn't recommend them long-term though as they are quite expensive - Amaysim are much better value for money.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wanderer Returns said:

Back to the SIM card... you can order an Optus one online and they will send it to the UK, so you can be set up on arrival. I wouldn't recommend them long-term though as they are quite expensive - Amaysim are much better value for money.

Thanks Wanderer - off topic posts have been removed.  Discussing the merits of other states can go on another thread

• Like 3

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

I bought an Amaysim similar and posted it to the UK for a friend. I had the luxury of specifying certain numbers of the phone number, to make it memorable. 

I guess that only works if you know someone here. 

• Like 1

IELTS : 13/08/16: W8 S8 L9 R9. F2w ID Check/Rcvd: 15/08/16, 23/08/16 HCPC/SoR CoGS sent: 23/08/16. Skills Ax sent/Rcvd/granted: 30/08/16, 12/09/16, 10/10/16. AHPRA sent/AIP : 05/09/16, 28/12/16. EoI/invited: 20/1/17, 01/02/17. 189 submitted: 06/02/17, Caseworker: 23/02/17. Medicals: 31/03/17. Grant: 12/04/17. Child 101 submitted: 09/06/17. Granted: 06/07/17. Landed: 01/09/17.