So who's going to New Zealand this year?!

Wanderer Returns

I've had a trip booked since way before the announcement - missed out on skiing last year so the credit carried over. of course Virgin is not coming to the party who I have my flights with so in the midst of trying to rearrange actually getting there. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Eera said:

I've had a trip booked since way before the announcement - missed out on skiing last year so the credit carried over. of course Virgin is not coming to the party who I have my flights with so in the midst of trying to rearrange actually getting there. 

Good luck. I'd not give up on your flights just yet - there could be a big enough demand to get a few of those planes out of mothballs! 

8 minutes ago, Wanderer Returns said:

Good luck. I'd not give up on your flights just yet - there could be a big enough demand to get a few of those planes out of mothballs! 

haha yeah.  Apparently they are trying to swap everyone over to AirNZ but there's currently nothing that doesn't involve a massive layover in either Brisbane or Auckland.  Hoping that they'll be upping the number of flights into something convenient soon!

• Like 1

I will have to do something with Jetstar. I was supposed to go to Hawaii which got cancelled and Jetstar have given me a travel voucher of $1200 with expiry of end of 2022 now.

I have asked for a refund but they have refused, so I'll have to think about a trip somewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canada2Australia said:

If someone is willing to front all associated costs for a holiday to NZ, I'm in! 😉

I am getting quick homesick though and could use a trip back to the Great White North; it's been nearly 3 years since I've returned. 

We have friends stuck in Whistler. The girls had covid too and was really sick. The guys lucky enough to have a job that's keeping them ticking over, luckily.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Parley said:

I will have to do something with Jetstar. I was supposed to go to Hawaii which got cancelled and Jetstar have given me a travel voucher of $1200 with expiry of end of 2022 now.

I have asked for a refund but they have refused, so I'll have to think about a trip somewhere.

I thought legally they had to refund. I'm sure if you threatened to take legal action you would get a cheque.