newarrival

Someone stole my fridge!

I bought a fridge over a year ago, a bar top type with a small freezer compartment at the top. I went to Spudshed for around 45 mins and when I got back it had gone! 

I posted a theft alert on Facebook asking whoever stole it to return it. 

No one has returned it so it looks like I won't be seeing it again.

Has anyone else experienced things going missing in the Nothern suburbs of Perth?

Wasn't me.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Where did you leave it?

Posted (edited)

Did you call the police? I’d be reassessing my security arrangements. 
 I’d imagine it’s not a Perth specific issue, but might be suburb specific. Crime figures for individual suburbs are available online.

Edited by CaptainR

9 hours ago, newarrival said:

I went to Spudshed for around 45 mins and when I got back it had gone! 

Well, you were complaining about not being able to get rid of your furniture before being required to leave the country on the 8th - so someone is doing you a favour.  Maybe it was someone from PIO just trying to help out?  😏

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CaptainR said:

Did you call the police? I’d be reassessing my security arrangements. 
 I’d imagine it’s not a Perth specific issue, but might be suburb specific. Crime figures for individual suburbs are available online.

He can't call the police because he's in the country illegally.   Check out his other posts, it's entertaining.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 3

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

18 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

He can't call the police because he's in the country illegally.   Check out his other posts, it's entertaining.

I doubt that is true. Any victim of crime can report it to the police.

I don't expect local police are going to check your immigration status when you report a theft.

Hopefully the poster has contents insurance.

I want it all, and I want it now.

15 minutes ago, Parley said:

I doubt that is true. Any victim of crime can report it to the police.

It's true that it's unlikely the police would check their status but I'd expect most illegal immigrants to be unwilling to risk it.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

23 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

It's true that it's unlikely the police would check their status but I'd expect most illegal immigrants to be unwilling to risk it.

From the posts i read of his he is not in the country illegally currently.

He has been given a bridging visa - show ticket which while only valid for a short time sounds legal to me today.

31 minutes ago, Parley said:

From the posts i read of his he is not in the country illegally currently.

He has been given a bridging visa - show ticket which while only valid for a short time sounds legal to me today.

Ah, but a condition of that visa is "show ticket" which means he must hold a valid air ticket to leave the country.  And he has stated several times that he has no intention of buying one.  So he's in breach of his bridging visa.

Just a reminder about personal comments and discussing members.

Cal x

• Like 1

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

12 minutes ago, calNgary said:

Just a reminder about personal comments and discussing members.

Cal x

To be fair, if a member posts that personal information - they are asking for it to be discussed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Parley said:

To be fair, if a member posts that personal information - they are asking for it to be discussed.

Totally agree Parley and some members more than others,lol but ignore them, sit back and laugh or play nice (not you personally), calling them trolls etc just breaches the forum rules. 

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, calNgary said:

Totally agree Parley and some members more than others,lol but ignore them, sit back and laugh or play nice (not you personally), calling them trolls etc just breaches the forum rules. 

Cal x

@calNgary, I'd have thought as a moderator, you'd be taking action against the OP rather than the rest of us.  Check their other posts.  He/she has openly admitted to being in breach of their current visa.  He/she has set up a home in Australia with a long lease, furniture etc while on a tourist visa.  He/she has posted, more than once, that they have no intention of ever leaving Australia with or without a visa. 

Either they are a dishonest person or they are deliberately trolling or they have some serious mental issues.   Either way, I wonder if it reflects well on PomsinOz to allow a member to boast about their illegal status on this forum, which could be seen as condoning such actions.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 4
  • Congratulations 2

1 minute ago, Marisawright said:

@calNgary, I'd have thought as a moderator, you'd be taking action against the OP rather than the rest of us.  Check their other posts.  He/she has openly admitted to being in breach of their current visa.  He/she has set up a home in Australia with a long lease, furniture etc while on a tourist visa.  He/she has posted, more than once, that they have no intention of ever leaving Australia with or without a visa. 

Either they are a dishonest person or they are deliberately trolling or they have some serious mental issues.   Either way, I wonder if it reflects well on PomsinOz to allow a member to boast about their illegal status on this forum, which could be seen as condoning such actions.

Marisa why do you think you have to have the last word all the time? I removed your last post as its breaches the forum rules about discussing mods and mod action, surely you have been here long enough to know this but heh ho you just ignore the rules and post again.

I posted asking members not to call this person a troll or get personal, yet you still go ahead and do it again..

Do you have access to this members IP or email to know if they are even in Australia?

Do you really think this member has not been flagged with other mods and admin? 

Do you know you dont need to be a site moderator to call Immigration and report them yourself!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

....and if you're going to remove my reply, then please remove your nasty accusatory post too.

Edited by Marisawright

Anyone who posts here stating that they will defy any law to remain in the country because they will only leave on their own self-imposed nonsensical terms, is placing a huge target on their backs. Why should they fall through the cracks when the rest of us follow the rules and abide by the legal immigration processes? I hope someone dobs him/her out soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, calNgary said:

Cal x

I think you would agree Cal that the op threads are a little bit bizarre to say the least 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂😂

• Like 2

19 hours ago, newarrival said:

I bought a fridge over a year ago, a bar top type with a small freezer compartment at the top. I went to Spudshed for around 45 mins and when I got back it had gone! 

Has anyone else experienced things going missing in the Nothern suburbs of Perth?

I'd be more worried about breaching your visa than your fridge. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, calNgary said:

Marisa why do you think you have to have the last word all the time? I removed your last post as its breaches the forum rules about discussing mods and mod action, surely you have been here long enough to know this but heh ho you just ignore the rules and post again.

I posted asking members not to call this person a troll or get personal, yet you still go ahead and do it again..

Do you have access to this members IP or email to know if they are even in Australia?

Do you really think this member has not been flagged with other mods and admin? 

Do you know you dont need to be a site moderator to call Immigration and report them yourself!

Unfortunately a lot of posts get personal on here and, in my experience, hurtful too.  Some people definitely think they need to have the last word....😒

Edited by Loopylu

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, newarrival said:

Don't expect any sympathy from a lot of people on here. I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you.  I have experienced a lot more anti-social and criminal behaviour in Australia than in the UK and I lived in quite a rough market town.

Not long after we arrived in Brisbane, my husband's 70 year old uncle had his head smashed in by muggers at 6.30pm outside the local Woolworths. He was left for dead.  It took his wife a couple of days to find him in hospital because they stole his ID and when she called the hospitals they did not think he was her husband because he didn't look 70!  He had to have part of his skull removed to relieve the pressure. My 30 something sister in law was physically attacked by a bloke in a road rage incident on the Gold Coast.... I have been spat on in a road rage incident when the other person was at fault and threatened with violence when I told a young man off for pushing in front of me twice at Eagle Junction Train Station. 

I would take this as a cue to make your escape plan before any more of your assets are purloined by the locals or you suffer a worse fate....  Spain would be lovely. A nice climate and civilisation. 

All the best!

Edited by Loopylu

At last something interesting.😉

The dude made $300K in a few months with his shrewd and canny stocks ability and is worried about a fridge! (Reports vary as to the contents.)

I await the Netflix deal story...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DrDougster said:

The dude made $300K in a few months with his shrewd and canny stocks ability and is worried about a fridge! (Reports vary as to the contents.)

I await the Netflix deal story...

The hole is getting deeper and wider...........

Edited by Canada2Australia