No response from Home Affairs

newarrival

I'm getting no response from either Home Affairs or the visa status people so maybe someone here knows the answer to this.

On the BVE BRIDGING (GENERAL) (subclass 050) I have which expires in a few days there is a condition 8511 - show ticket.

There is no no further stay listed so I assume I can apply for another visa, so I'm in the process of applying for a 600 onshore tourist stream visa which lasts up to 12 months. 

The cost is $365 AUD.

Now before I go ahead and pay is there any reason why they would deny it? I don't want to waste money if there's a chance it will be denied.

2 hours ago, newarrival said:

I'm getting no response from either Home Affairs or the visa status people so maybe someone here knows the answer to this.

On the BVE BRIDGING (GENERAL) (subclass 050) I have which expires in a few days there is a condition 8511 - show ticket.

There is no no further stay listed so I assume I can apply for another visa, so I'm in the process of applying for a 600 onshore tourist stream visa which lasts up to 12 months. 

The cost is $365 AUD.

Now before I go ahead and pay is there any reason why they would deny it? I don't want to waste money if there's a chance it will be denied.

In all probability it will be denied.  Your bridging visa subclass 050 has been issued to give you enough time to make arrangements to leave the country.  

2 hours ago, newarrival said:

That means you must be in possession of a valid one-way ticket to leave the country. If you do not possess such a ticket, you are in breach of the visa.  If you are in breach of your current visa, you will be denied any further visa.  

8 minutes ago, newarrival said:

I'll stay in Australia without a visa if necessary. Not my problem.

We got that impression.  Frankly I hope you get caught.  It's selfish, dishonest twits like you who ruin it for everyone else.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 3

So Home Affairs expect me to sell all my furniture in a few days and leave by the 8th? They must be living on another planet. I've already told them twice that's not how things work in the real world. I'm staying in Australia for the foreseeable future visa or no visa and theres not a damn thing they can do about it. At least now I know not to spend any more money on one. 

Yes well what happened was last friday I was rushed into hospital into resus. I was lucky to make it in time. I stayed 2 nights and was discharged last sunday. I was told I would need more tests were needed as they werent sure what they were dealing with. These tests are in 6 weeks time. 

6 minutes ago, newarrival said:

ZERO chance of me getting caught.

😴

I think you've come onto this forum as some sort of an attention seeking stunt.  

Do what you want.  I couldn't live like that but obviously you think you are very special and immigration will just let you get away with being an illegal.

• Like 6

Just now, Toots said:

😴

I think you've come onto this forum as some sort of an attention seeking stunt.  

Do what you want.  I couldn't live like that but obviously you think you are very special and immigration will just let you get away with being an illegal.

This is a matter of life or death. Im staying no matter what

Doesn't the No Further Stay on your bridging visa mean you are not allowed to apply for another visa while you are still in Australia?

I think you have to apply for a waiver before you can apply for another on shore visa.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baby Pom said:

Doesn't the No Further Stay on your bridging visa mean you are not allowed to apply for another visa while you are still in Australia?

I think you have to apply for a waiver before you can apply for another on shore visa.

He (she?) said that there isn't a "no further stay" condition on the bridging visa.  The thing is, it's a special kind of bridging visa.  All it does is give you a few days/weeks to book a flight out of the country. That's why there's a "show ticket" condition.

I must admit that's why I thought it was a genuine case because it's such an odd bridging visa and I'd expect that the average person wouldn't have heard of it.

Edited by Marisawright