COVID Flights - Cancellations and repurchase

psuwara

Update on some flights. 

We bought a ticket for Dev 24 with Qatar found out they are only allowed 45 passengers for flights coming into Melbourne, we just had our April 7 flight cancelled. Decided to rebook a business class flight with Etihad in July, sick of of having flights cancelled since December and now my wife is pregnant with our pregnancy date being November 2021 and our 309 VISA cutoff date being November 2021.

Fun times! 😬😁😅

Anyone flying back to Aus on economy flights to Melbourne, it’s a tough road! I feel for you all. 🙏🏻

On 02/04/2021 at 20:39, psuwara said:

Update on some flights. 

We bought a ticket for Dev 24 with Qatar found out they are only allowed 45 passengers for flights coming into Melbourne, we just had our April 7 flight cancelled. Decided to rebook a business class flight with Etihad in July, sick of of having flights cancelled since December and now my wife is pregnant with our pregnancy date being November 2021 and our 309 VISA cutoff date being November 2021.

Fun times! 😬😁😅

Anyone flying back to Aus on economy flights to Melbourne, it’s a tough road! I feel for you all. 🙏🏻

Did you mean Dec 24? It seems as though you left it a long time before rebooking, if your next flight was on 7 April. Yes, it's very hard to get a flight here at the moment, but that's hardly a secret. Most of the people who are making it over here are sleeping with their bags packed and phones not on silent, waiting for a cancellation call from airline. If you're rebooking flights 3 months ahead each time they are cancelled, then you're really risking not getting here before you visa runs out.

Edited by Wanderer Returns

1 hour ago, Wanderer Returns said:

Did you mean Dec 24? It seems as though you left it a long time before rebooking, if your next flight was on 7 April. Yes, it's very hard to get a flight here at the moment, but that's hardly a secret. Most of the people who are making it over here are sleeping with their bags packed and phones not on silent, waiting for a cancellation call from airline. If you're rebooking flights 3 months ahead each time they are cancelled, then you're really risking not getting here before you visa runs out.

Absolutely agree, hopefully the business class ticket will have preference to leave around the July 7 period. We can rebook to Sydney or Adelaide if something goes wrong with Melbourne.