How to select a school?

hedgehog

WE have just got our visa and will be on our way asap ( house to sell) My wife has the kids on a waiting list of a private school, but if all the people infront on the list take the places then we will have to probably use a state school.

So if we move to south Perth( for example ) do you automatclly go to the nearest school with a place? can you pick and choose?

Exactly what is the procedure for getting kids into a school?

We have twin girls aged 6 and 3 months (26/09/2000)

thanks for your time

Guest ohippychick
WE have just got our visa and will be on our way asap ( house to sell) My wife has the kids on a waiting list of a private school, but if all the people infront on the list take the places then we will have to probably use a state school.

So if we move to south Perth( for example ) do you automatclly go to the nearest school with a place? can you pick and choose?

Exactly what is the procedure for getting kids into a school?

We have twin girls aged 6 and 3 months (26/09/2000)

thanks for your time

we just went along to the local primary and enrolled them and they started immediately. The state primary schools here, in my opinion, are very good

We have our children enrolled at the local primary to start on 31st Jan - we arrive on the 7th. It did depend on catchment area for this particular school though but I guess they would take a little further away if they had places. The school also feeds into a good High School (rated in the top 5 in WA).

We emailed the school(s) in the area we'll be renting in initially

We have no worries about using the state system which we've heard is very good - the principle has gone out of his way to be helpful, even getting my eldest a pen-pal who will be in the same year.

Ali

Archived