Flights to UK now

newarrival

I sent an email to minister Alex Hawke to see what he recommends since Home Affairs is not responding.

Hi there Alex,

Am on a Bridging Visa E which expires in a few days (April 8th). Can't leave Australia at the moment would like to apply for a visa that can keep me here for at least 12 months.

Can't get a reply from WA community visa resolution status and Home Affairs so maybe you can give me some advice mate. 

Regards,

I'll see if he replies. I've noticed some of these flights out of Australia are not direct to Spain. They go via Singapore or Dubai or Doha and can take up to 57 hours!

55 minutes ago, newarrival said:

I sent an email to minister Alex Hawke to see what he recommends since Home Affairs is not responding.

Hi there Alex,

Am on a Bridging Visa E which expires in a few days (April 8th). Can't leave Australia at the moment would like to apply for a visa that can keep me here for at least 12 months.

Can't get a reply from WA community visa resolution status and Home Affairs so maybe you can give me some advice mate. 

Regards,

I'll see if he replies. I've noticed some of these flights out of Australia are not direct to Spain. They go via Singapore or Dubai or Doha and can take up to 57 hours!

I think when people get deported they are returned to the country they arrived from.  Immigration don’t care where you’d like your final destination to be. If you arrived from the UK that’s were they’ll send you back to.  It’s for you to then go onto Spain if you wish.  That’s why it’s best you book your own flights as at least then you get the choice. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Wanderer Returns said:

The risks are very low, but given the choice of the two I think I'd go for the Pfizer one - it's supposed to be more effective too.

I guess the big question is whether they died from the vaccine or with the vaccine.

7 hours ago, Marisawright said:

The total number of cases so far is 62 out of 9.2 million doses given n the EU  (of which 14 have died).  

UK is 30 clots with seven deaths after 18 million doses.

Possibly because the EU originally only gave it to younger people.

3 hours ago, newarrival said:

Hi there Alex,

Regards,

I don't understand why you want to go to Spain? I assume you are a UK citizen, so you'll no longer be entitled to the residency rights that we had when the UK was part of the EU. You will also have no access to social support or medical care, and you will have to leave the Schengen area after 90 days anyway. Is this is because you don't want to go back to the British weather in April. If that's the case, then head to somewhere in S E Asia - it will be a lot cheaper!

Edited by Wanderer Returns

21 minutes ago, Wanderer Returns said:

I don't understand why you want to go to Spain? I assume you are a UK citizen, so you'll no longer be entitled to the residency rights that we had when the UK was part of the EU. You will also have no access to social support or medical care, and you will have to leave the Schengen area after 90 days anyway. Is this is because you don't want to go back to the British weather in April. If that's the case, then head to somewhere in S E Asia - it will be a lot cheaper!

There are long term visas you can get then you go to the police station before 3 months is up and apply to become a Spanish resident. Unless that has changed??? I have a cold allergy (primary acquired cold urticaria) it affects around 1 in 300,000 people so it's rare. No one I know has it.  In the UK I had to stay indoors most of the time. Its why Im in AU now. I need a warm climate. Plus it's cheaper than the UK. I thought about Asia but Ive been to Spain a few times and like it a lot.

Dubai is another possibility but I'd probably get arrested for something within minutes of stepping out of the terminal building.

Edited by newarrival

17 minutes ago, newarrival said:

There are long term visas you can get then you go to the police station before 3 months is up and apply to become a Spanish resident. Unless that has changed??? I have a cold allergy (primary acquired cold urticaria) it affects around 1 in 300,000 people so it's rare. No one I know has it.  In the UK I had to stay indoors most of the time. Its why Im in AU now. I need a warm climate. Plus it's cheaper than the UK. I thought about Asia but Ive been to Spain a few times and like it a lot.

Dubai is another possibility but I'd probably get arrested for something within minutes of stepping out of the terminal building.

Yes, that changed when the UK left the EU in January - you can't apply for Spanish residency any more, unless you have a passport of another EU member state. You can stay in Spain (and the rest of the EU) for up to 90 days on your British passport, but you will need to leave the Schengen area after that time.

Edited by Wanderer Returns

7 minutes ago, Wanderer Returns said:

Yes, that changed when the UK left the EU in January - you can't apply for Spanish residency any more, unless you have a passport of another EU member state. You can stay in Spain (and the rest of the EU) for up to 90 days on your British passport, but you will need to leave the Schengen area after that time.

Not quite true, it is still possible for a foreigner to obtain residency in Spain. It’s just that before, Brits didn’t have to meet employment or financial conditions whereas now they do. Which probably excludes the poster

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newarrival said:

urticaria? That's hives?

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Not quite true, it is still possible for a foreigner to obtain residency in Spain. It’s just that before, Brits didn’t have to meet employment or financial conditions whereas now they do. Which probably excludes the poster

I have enough money to live in Spain without needing a pension so why does that exclude me?

Edited by newarrival

1 hour ago, Wanderer Returns said:

Urticaria?? I think you're probably suffering from a far more common condition call 'UK-itis' 😉

1 hour ago, Wanderer Returns said:

No you don't understand how it works. If I go to Spain and show them I'm financially able to support myself I can apply for residency. Why would I need another passport? 

10 hours ago, newarrival said:

No you don't understand how it works. If I go to Spain and show them I'm financially able to support myself I can apply for residency. Why would I need another passport? 

Your definition of being able to support yourself may not be the same as theirs.  If you check recent issues of the UK newspapers online, you'll see a lot of Britis being thrown out of Spain because they didn't apply for residency before the Brexit deadline, and now they can't meet the financial requirements for a non-EU passport holder.   

However, judging on your current record, I'm surprised you're even asking. No doubt you'll arrive on your tourist visa and then just stay and hope no one notices.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, newjez said:

I guess the big question is whether they died from the vaccine or with the vaccine.

That same question could be legitimately asked about covid. Many people who've died 'with covid' have had covid recorded as their cause of death, but were suffering with cancer, emphysema, heart disease, or some other chronic condition which was already a one-way ticket. How convenient for the UK government to be able to gloss over these statistics by blaming these deaths on covid.

When my mum died in 2018, the cause of her death was recorded as myocardial infarction and oesophageal cancer - the latter of which my mum had been treated for in 2003, and had fully recovered from. There was no mention of sepsis on the death certificate, even though the doctor who'd treated her in the hospital had written 'sepsis?' in her medical notes, shortly before she died. I really wasn't happy that there was no process to challenge what had been written on the death certificate, but given that mum was 87 and had a very good life, I just accepted that at the time.

6 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Your definition of being able to support yourself may not be the same as theirs.  If you check recent issues of the UK newspapers online, you'll see a lot of Britis being thrown out of Spain because they didn't apply for residency before the Brexit deadline, and now they can't meet the financial requirements for a non-EU passport holder.   

However, judging on your current record, I'm surprised you're even asking. No doubt you'll arrive on your tourist visa and then just stay and hope no one notices.

If the OP is as financially comfortable as he says is his, there are many countries which offer residency as part of a retirement option. My understanding is that Panama and Costa Rica will allow you to stay if you can prove an income stream of $1000/month, and Panama also includes a lot of benefits for the retiree inclluding...

One time Duty tax exemption for household goods up to a total of $10,000.
Duty exemption for importing a new car every two years.
50% off entertainment anywhere in the country (movies, concerts, sports)
30% off bus, boat, and train fares
25% off airline tickets
50% off hotel stays from Monday through Thursday
30% off hotel stays from Friday through Sunday
25% off at restaurants
15% off at fast-food restaurants
15% off hospital bills (if no insurance applies)
10% off prescription medicines
20% off medical consultations
15% off dental and eye exams
20% off professional and technical services
50% reduction in closing costs for home loans
25% discounts on utility bills
15% off loans made in your name
1% less on home mortgages for homes used for personal residence

Hell, I think I might just retire there myself!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wanderer Returns said:

If the OP is as financially comfortable as he says is his, there are many countries which offer residency as part of a retirement option. My understanding is that Panama and Costa Rica will allow you to stay if you can prove an income stream of $1000/month, and Panama also includes a lot of benefits for the retiree inclluding...

One time Duty tax exemption for household goods up to a total of $10,000.
Duty exemption for importing a new car every two years.
50% off entertainment anywhere in the country (movies, concerts, sports)
30% off bus, boat, and train fares
25% off airline tickets
50% off hotel stays from Monday through Thursday
30% off hotel stays from Friday through Sunday
25% off at restaurants
15% off at fast-food restaurants
15% off hospital bills (if no insurance applies)
10% off prescription medicines
20% off medical consultations
15% off dental and eye exams
20% off professional and technical services
50% reduction in closing costs for home loans
25% discounts on utility bills
15% off loans made in your name
1% less on home mortgages for homes used for personal residence

Hell, I think I might just retire there myself!

Don't Australia and New Zealand offer visas for wealthy people? I thought Australia offered one where you can purchase a business?

51 minutes ago, Wanderer Returns said:

That same question could be legitimately asked about covid. Many people who've died 'with covid' have had covid recorded as their cause of death, but were suffering with cancer, emphysema, heart disease, or some other chronic condition which was already a one-way ticket. How convenient for the UK government to be able to gloss over these statistics by blaming these deaths on covid.

When my mum died in 2018, the cause of her death was recorded as myocardial infarction and oesophageal cancer - the latter of which my mum had been treated for in 2003, and had fully recovered from. There was no mention of sepsis on the death certificate, even though the doctor who'd treated her in the hospital had written 'sepsis?' in her medical notes, shortly before she died. I really wasn't happy that there was no process to challenge what had been written on the death certificate, but given that mum was 87 and had a very good life, I just accepted that at the time.

It's the same in Australia.  When my MIL died in hospital all alone her cause of death was recorded as simply "respiratory failure".  The fact she had a fungal growth on her brain stem that had caused her to lose sight in one eye and caused her excruciating, unrelenting pain was omitted.  They kept saying they were going to operate to remove the growth but, as she was 77, they just kept delaying the operation until she conveniently died. At no time were any of the family told that she was at death's door and it was a terrible experience for my husband and his siblings to receive a phone call in the middle of the night to say their mother had died alone when they were literally only a few kilometres away.  We also decided to leave complaining about the care she received because it wouldn't bring her back. I am just very wary about when my other loved ones go into hospital now and ask lots of questions!

• Sad 1

On 04/04/2021 at 05:25, Wanderer Returns said:

The risks are very low, but given the choice of the two I think I'd go for the Pfizer one - it's supposed to be more effective too.

I recently read an article which suggested the clotting was caused by the anti bodies these people created, and as such it was person specific and not vaccine specific.

The article seemed to imply that if these people had any vaccine, or in fact caught covid, they were at high risk of clotting.

We know already that covid can have a strange effect on the blood. There have been several cases of young people clotting and having strokes from covid.

Maybe if they can identify the risk group these people can be vaccinated under observation.

• Like 3