Is YEAR 6 same as GRADE 6 in Australia?

Captain Ron

1 hour ago, Lavers said:

If your son doesn't mind doing yr 6 again then I would just do that.

We came last June and flew to Melbourne as flights where £1200 cheaper. We thought that with that money saved we could travel the great ocean road through to Adelaide as the border was due to open the day we finished qaurantine.

Unfortunately shit hit the fan in Melbourne as we finished qaurantine and everything shut, so we had to fly straight to Adelaide and do another 2 week qaurantine in our airbnb, so 4 weeks in total.

Glad we came when we did as if we didn't we would still be stuck in the UK and may never have came.

Oh really, wow!  I must say we don't know what is in store for us!  No flying direct to Melbourne at the moment and quarantine is still a thing... So we going to wait till around June to book flights and see what happens.  I hope you are enjoying your time over there now! Im moving a cat and 3 kids 🙂

8 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Oh really, wow!  I must say we don't know what is in store for us!  No flying direct to Melbourne at the moment and quarantine is still a thing... So we going to wait till around June to book flights and see what happens.  I hope you are enjoying your time over there now! Im moving a cat and 3 kids 🙂

Melbourne opens in April. Quarantine will still be a thing until everyone is vaccinated so will definitely still be in place in June

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Melbourne opens in April. Quarantine will still be a thing until everyone is vaccinated so will definitely still be in place in June

Does it open up internationally in April?  We will booking flights in June to fly in Sep/October (so my fingers are crossed quarantine is over by then) eeeek 🙂

17 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Does it open up internationally in April?  We will booking flights in June to fly in Sep/October (so my fingers are crossed quarantine is over by then) eeeek 🙂

It's been open for domestic flights for a long time, so yes, opening to international flights from 8th April.  

I would be surprised if quarantine is over by September.   Australia has been slow to roll out the vaccines, not expected to have everyone vaccinated till early next year.  So the government won't want to allow potentially infected foreigners to enter.   At the moment, they think it's still possible for a vaccinated person to carry Covid and pass it on, even though they can't catch it themselves.  So I'm not sure vaccine passports will be enough to change their mind.

10 hours ago, Marisawright said:

@Captain Ron, popping back to say that Melbourne quarantine is already all booked up until August, so you might not want to wait till June to book those September flights.

Oh wow, okayyy! So many things to consider here - (have to get our cat's permit before we can book her quarantine space too - still waiting on her bloods!) sigh...  so much to do 😫

Thanks for the heads up.