Some Clarity On Best Methods - Visa/Agent

Geoffrey

Hi All,

After a 3 month traveling trip in Oz in 2015, I am finally preparing to start the process of application for 189 visa for Australia. I believe this is the best visa option for me (please suggest otherwise if not)

Location -

• I have narrowed areas to either Brisbane or Melbourne, but I am still flexible.

About me -

• I am a Bachelors Degree Engineer in mechanical engineering with over 10 years experience, mainly in automotive and manufacturing quality.
  • I have been working for my own company as a freelance consultant since 2015
  • I also used to be a mechanic but I do not have the official qualification as I opted for university instead.
  • I am 35yo, single and solo applicant which should make things simpler.

I have done quite a lot of research, however I am aware that the process and criteria is under constant change, and now covid has made it even worse

I have tried a couple of agents but they have not been very helpful, and I have had big problems trying to book an appointment. I have also previously completed an EOI but I had nothing back and it consequently expired.

Is anyone able to advise me next steps, or a well recommended agent?

Kind Regards,

Geoff

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

I have tried a couple of agents but they have not been very helpful,

Is anyone able to advise me next steps, or a well recommended agent?

Go Matilda, Suncoast Migration, Pinoy Australia or Andre Burger.  All recommended, and will give you an honest assessment.

That assessment may not be what you want to hear, but that doesn't mean they're being unhelpful, it just means they're telling the truth.  Even for highly qualified professionals, getting a visa for Australia is sometimes difficult.   I have no idea whether that applies to you, but it's worth being aware of it.

Unless you're in a priority occupation or a critical industry, getting a visa right now is nigh on impossible due to Covid, so you will need patience.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Go Matilda, Suncoast Migration, Pinoy Australia or Andre Burger.  All recommended, and will give you an honest assessment.

That assessment may not be what you want to hear, but that doesn't mean they're being unhelpful, it just means they're telling the truth.  Even for highly qualified professionals, getting a visa for Australia is sometimes difficult.   I have no idea whether that applies to you, but it's worth being aware of it.

Unless you're in a priority occupation or a critical industry, getting a visa right now is nigh on impossible due to Covid, so you will need patience.

Hey thanks for the reply. 

I will try those. The other agent really seemed uninterested in responding to me, and I had continual issues trying to book appointments via their website so I figured I’d try get recommendations on a better one. 

I understand that at the moment a visa is almost impossible however I’m conscious that it takes time regardless, so wanted to get the ball rolling if possible.

Geoff

On 22/03/2021 at 21:39, wrussell said:

If you want a free preliminary assessment to see whether it is worthwhile proceeding, go to my website pinoyau.com and use the contact form.

Hello,

I filled in the contact form but have heard nothing back. Did you receive a request?

Geoff