VISA application Help

MMoran1

Hi,

Myself, my wife and 2 kids ( 2 & 4)  have decided to emigrate to Melbourne from the UK. Prior to kids my now wife and I lived in Sydney for 1 year on a working holiday visa and loved it. We are now wondering if anyone could recommend a company to deal with the visa application. I think we are looking at the skilled independent Visa as both our professions are on the list. I am a Design draughtsman and my wife is a secondary Maths teacher. We thought about doing the application ourself but seems a bit complicated and would really like to get it correct first time. Any help/information would be greatly appreciated. 

Martin

27 minutes ago, MMoran1 said:

Hi,

Myself, my wife and 2 kids ( 2 & 4)  have decided to emigrate to Melbourne from the UK. Prior to kids my now wife and I lived in Sydney for 1 year on a working holiday visa and loved it. We are now wondering if anyone could recommend a company to deal with the visa application. I think we are looking at the skilled independent Visa as both our professions are on the list. I am a Design draughtsman and my wife is a secondary Maths teacher. We thought about doing the application ourself but seems a bit complicated and would really like to get it correct first time. Any help/information would be greatly appreciated. 

Martin

Some people go at it themselves, some use an agent. It depends on how straightforward your application will be, ie any convictions/health issues etc. It also depends on how organised and confident you are.

Check what visas you're eligible for. My initial thoughts are that it'll be an easier path via your spouse's occupation.

https://www.anzscosearch.com/search/

Might be worth having a look at what's involved with getting your spouse's skills assessed.

Screenshot_20210317-215347_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the response. I fully agree that going through my wifes occupation  would be the way to do it. We are hoping our application should theoretically straight forward. My wife has a first class honours degree and 10 years teaching experience and i have a HND in Civil Engineering with over 10 years experience. we dont have any convictions or health issues and both in early 30s. I was considering using a agent for a smoother process as i wouldnt even know where to start.

• Like 1