482 Skills Assessment & Rail 'Project Managers'

Moggers

Good afternoon everyone! 

I have been a lurker on this forum for a while now and I can't tell you how helpful its been in making our decision to pursue migration to Australia!  My husband and I made the decision last year, pre-covid, that it was something we want to do along with our toddler age daughter. 

Anyway, we have done all the right things so far, we've done a lot of our own research and figured out what visa's are and are not possibilities for us - we have also had a paid consultation with a registered migration agent, which leads me onto my question... 

My husband has contacts and could potentially get a job offer as 'Construction Project Manager' on a 482 MLTSSL Visa (obviously following border restrictions being eased or lifted - we are under no illusions that this is happening soon) however I was specifically told by the migration agent we have been using that he will have to have a skills assessment for this occupation and as he doesn't have a bachelors degree its a no-go. I had no reason to doubt our agent, this is his job, however I have now read and been told conflicting information. Not only is there a post on this site about 482 visas and skills assessments only being required for a 25-30 occupations, I also did a search online and 'Construction Project Manager' doesn't seem to be one of those occupations. I also read it here - https://www.seekvisa.com.au/tss-482-visa-skills-assessment/ 

Can someone please confirm whether this is the case or not? Is this old information? The whole process is confusing as it is without being potentially misled by someone who we put our faith and money in to helping us! 

Secondly, this same agent assured me that 'Construction Project Manager' only applies to construction project managers in 'building', when I asked what he specifically meant by this he said building houses/hospitals/schools etc. My husband is a Construction Project Manager in the Rail industry for tier 1 contractors (building railway lines, stations etc.) which we believe falls under 'civil engineering'. Again, is this true? Has anyone migrated who works in the rail industry who can shed some light on this? We know on good authority that the amount of railway work is booming, especially in QLD, NSW & VIC. 

Thanks in advance to everyone who read this and who can help! 

Just some general information for you to consider:

• A 482 visa in the occupation of Construction Project Manager does not require a skills assessment, unless specifically requested by the case officer (which would be unusual);

• The occupation of Construction Project Manager (133111) is on the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL), which means you could gain an exemption to enter Australia on a subclass 482 visa. You do not need to wait for border restrictions to eases;

•  The occupation of Construction Project Manager (133111) plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates construction of civil engineering and building projects