Further steps after 482 nomination rejection

Ind55

Hello,

My 482 nomination refused in December 2020, my employer has already lodged AAT for the same, but then it seems an exorbitant time for AAT to conclude.

Is it better for waiting for the AAT decision?

alternatively, which other options I do have that I can check with my Employer or at my personal level? For a note, I have already kicked off my work for the employer.

Edited by Ind55

12 hours ago, Ind55 said:

My 482 nomination refused in December 2020, my employer has already lodged AAT for the same, but then it seems an exorbitant time for AAT to conclude.
.... For a note, I have already kicked off my work for the employer.

Do you mean you're already working for that employer without a valid 482 visa? Is that even legal?

6 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Do you mean you're already working for that employer without a valid 482 visa? Is that even legal?

I am at offshore and my occupation is Software Engineer, so I just need a computer and internet to work. Do you still think it's a legal issue ?

Edited by Ind55

12 hours ago, Ind55 said:

I have no valid visa, I'm at offshore

Unless the AAT process for the nomination can be expedited (can only be done in very specific circumstances) then appealing the nomination and waiting for two years is not really viable.

Your sponsor should consider relodging a new nomination. 

5 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

Unless the AAT process for the nomination can be expedited (can only be done in very specific circumstances) then appealing the nomination and waiting for two years is not really viable.

Your sponsor should consider relodging a new nomination. 

Thanks Raul for your response.

In case if he agrees for a new nomination can he directly apply for 186 or will it be 482 ?

19 hours ago, Ind55 said:

Thanks Raul for your response.

In case if he agrees for a new nomination can he directly apply for 186 or will it be 482 ?

It depends on whether you qualify for a 186 under the direct entry pathway.

You should consider some professional advice because as a software engineer you have opportunity for very quick visa turnaround at the moment.

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

186 takes a long time 

Generally true, but as with everything in Immigration, this is not always the case and there are exceptions.

I have recently had a number of 186 applications processed in a couple of weeks.

It all depends on the specific situation.

• Like 2

On 17/03/2021 at 05:03, Raul Senise said:

Generally true, but as with everything in Immigration, this is not always the case and there are exceptions.

I have recently had a number of 186 applications processed in a couple of weeks.

It all depends on the specific situation.

Understood, one quick question, can we get levy exemption what we paid earlier, while lodging a new application ? As company and candidate both are same.

• 1 month later...

Watching this thread with interest. My husband is currently looking for a job (software engineer/developer programmer) - ideally we’d like to get out there before our baby arrives, but that would mean flying 10th Sept at the latest (Qatar rules about flying in pregnancy). 
do people think this is in anyway possible??

good luck with your ‘journey’ original poster!

if you have any good contacts/recruitment consultants there- I’d love to hear from you!!

thanks in advance 

lisa