UK/Oz financial advisor

IainC

Can anyone recommend an Australia-based financial advisor who is qualified / certified to provide holistic Australia + UK financial advice, please? We live in Adelaide so an SA-based advisor would be ideal but I accept that they may be a rare beast so a SYD / MEL / BNE advisor would also be fine. Thanks in advance......

• Like 1

Alan Collett (who is a member on here) might be a good place to start. I know my own FA locally here in Canberra does some UK work as well and he's helped us out a few times but I don't know if he taking new clients and it isn't his core work, like Alan. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mxh said:

This is something I've been thinking about recently too - so if anyone has some Sydney based recommendations, I'd be grateful to hear them.

Advisors who genuinely know both jurisdictions are like hen's teeth.  These days there's no need to be in the same city, so my vote would go to Vista too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Advisors who genuinely know both jurisdictions are like hen's teeth.  These days there's no need to be in the same city, so my vote would go to Vista too.

Obviously not for contacting, but there's so many things that differ between states that it wouldn't surprise me if there are state level financial rules as well which may not be the same in NSW as SA.

Unless of course anyone knows differently and can confirm that there aren't?

30 minutes ago, mxh said:

Obviously not for contacting, but there's so many things that differ between states that it wouldn't surprise me if there are state level financial rules as well which may not be the same in NSW as SA.

Unless of course anyone knows differently and can confirm that there aren't?

There are a few local tax issues, but most Australian financial advisers deal across state lines and therefore need to be aware of them all anyway

15 hours ago, IainC said:

Can anyone recommend an Australia-based financial advisor who is qualified / certified to provide holistic Australia + UK financial advice, please? We live in Adelaide so an SA-based advisor would be ideal but I accept that they may be a rare beast so a SYD / MEL / BNE advisor would also be fine. Thanks in advance......

Hi there

Would be happy to see if we are able to assist you with this, you can reach us on 8381 7177 by phone or email me direct to andrew@vistafs.com.au and FYI our website is: www.vistafs.com.au

Hope this helps.

P.S thanks to those above that mentioned us :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Quoll said:

Alan Collett (who is a member on here) might be a good place to start. I know my own FA locally here in Canberra does some UK work as well and he's helped us out a few times but I don't know if he taking new clients and it isn't his core work, like Alan. 

Alan's a Tax Agent not a Financial Adviser - it's a completely different discipline. Andrew from Vista Financial would be your best bet for a Financial Adviser.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2021 at 19:27, Ken said:

Alan's a Tax Agent not a Financial Adviser - it's a completely different discipline. Andrew from Vista Financial would be your best bet for a Financial Adviser.

Hi Ken.

There's a crossover between tax advice and financial advice - people often reference financial advice when the issue is actually one of a tax planning or tax compliance nature.

And if there turns out to be a financial planning need that is beyond our scope/competencies we refer onto a financial planner .

Happy to have a freebie chat with the OP as well.

Best regards.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2021 at 01:28, Alan Collett said:

Hi Ken.

There's a crossover between tax advice and financial advice - people often reference financial advice when the issue is actually one of a tax planning or tax compliance nature.

And if there turns out to be a financial planning need that is beyond our scope/competencies we refer onto a financial planner .

Happy to have a freebie chat with the OP as well.

Best regards.

Hi Alan 

hope it’s ok to jump on this post, but need some tax advice please on our income, we are currently still in uk but hoping to make the move once restrictions are lifted, we have been granted 491 visa 

Carly 

2 hours ago, carly baker said:

Hi Alan 

hope it’s ok to jump on this post, but need some tax advice please on our income, we are currently still in uk but hoping to make the move once restrictions are lifted, we have been granted 491 visa 

Carly 

Hi Carly.

Not a problem!

If you would like a freebie initial chat with me or one of our tax managers please feel able to contact Ella of bdh Tax Admin at our Epsom, Surrey office on 01372 231 185.

She can tee up a date and a time for one of us to call you.

Best wishes for the Easter weekend!