Visa for parent with dependant Australian Children

Tortoise

Hello, hoping someone can help me with the following question..

I'm British and have 2 dependant children age 10 and 13. Both children are Australian citizens/passport holders. Their father (Australian citizen, born in Australia)  and I are married but have been separated for 6 odd years. We both live oversees in Asia and there's a possibility he might have to return to Australia for work. He would like us to all go so that he doesn't miss out on seeing the children. I don't believe he can sponsor me. I believe the only option for me would to apply for a guardian visa which only allows me to stay there until the youngest child is 18 years. 

is there any other visa that I could consider?

As Paul said, talk to an agent, but while you are at it, look up The Hague Convention and be aware that Australia won’t let kids leave the country if one parent (even the most drop kick of parents!) says they may not leave so if you ever felt the need to return to U.K. you might not be allowed to leave with them. 

What Quoll said.  Australia applies the Hague Convention very strictly.   Once the children are settled in Australia, you will not be allowed to remove them unless your husband gives written permission.   There are many cases of wives being stuck in Australia, unable to leave because their kids are stuck

• 2 weeks later...