Witnesses for Partner Visa Help

Phoebe147

Hello there

In the application, it is requested that we submit only 2 names of witnesses to complete a 888 form.  Should I include more as a back up?

I have a mix of family, friends and family friends submitting one. They also state that applications need more than just these types of people, who would they be referring to? Bosses? Co-workers?

Thank you for your help.

Phoebe 

Hi Phoebe, the online application only allows you to add details of 2 relationship witnesses but in reality the more Form 888's you submit the better. I would ask close friends and family. Bosses and co-workers are not really essential. It's best to ask people who have known both you and your partner since the beginning of your relationship and have seen you together regularly.

• 3 weeks later...

Do not upload more than two forms 888.

I never have, except in one case  where an 820 (not one of mine) was refused for lack of 'genuiness'. I informed the AAT member that I had nothing to do with the original application and I had never contacted the review applicant, except via the RMA who had managed the 820 application. In that review case I uploaded a tsunami of 888s rather than face the prospect of a complaint for not uploading all the evidence, if the refusal decision was confirmed.

The memeber had all parties on video and told me he did not need to see any more. Application remitted, with DIrections.

I advise clients who want to send me more than 2 forms 888 to keep them in reserve against the next toilet paper shortage, or words to that effect.

• Like 2

On 22/02/2021 at 19:38, Phoebe147 said:

Hello there

In the application, it is requested that we submit only 2 names of witnesses to complete a 888 form.  Should I include more as a back up?

I have a mix of family, friends and family friends submitting one. They also state that applications need more than just these types of people, who would they be referring to? Bosses? Co-workers?

Thank you for your help.

Phoebe 

In my case  I only  submit one form 888,statement from his mum thats all...