Midwife 491/190

officerlog

Morning all

My partner is a trained midwife albeit we have 3 children now and she hasn’t worked for a few years and therefore her registration has lapsed. I work in financial services in funds management/investment research. 

I understand midwives are on the list of priority workers so she would be the main applicant with our preference being for Perth, but generally quite open as long as it’s not too rural.

if she has 5+ years experience would she need to retrain here in the UK or would this be possible in Australia given the demand for midwives? 

I have a call with a visa agent to discuss options next week but would be great to hear any thoughts and even on my chances of getting an invitation (I’m aware this is extremely unlikely this year). We both have around 75 points. 

1 hour ago, officerlog said:

her registration has lapsed

Which unfortunately means that she's not a practising midwife.

This may prove to be a massive hurdle, both for the skills assessment, and for the professional registration part in Oz.

You might want to sift through the information on the ANMAC website to see what their requirements are.

Good luck.

Edited by DukeNinja
  • Thanks 1