UKFamilymovingtoAus

Form 80 and Form 1221 mandatory for 190 Visa

Hi,

When we submitted the 190 visa application, there was no mention of Form 80 and Form 1221 under the step by step process in 190 Character documents section. However, I recently noted that lines below have been added it has been added in 190 page under "Step 2: Gather your documents > Character documents". I have read in some forums that these forms are only required if the case officer asks for them but reading the 190 visa page, it looks as it now its required for all. But I am sure it was not there when we applied in March 2020 else I would have noticed it at the time.

Link: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-nominated-190#HowTo
Step 2: Gather your documents > Character documents

Complete and provide the following forms:

Form 80 Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment
Form 1221 Additional personal particulars information

Any suggestion if rules at the time of 190 application will apply in which case form 80 and Form 1221 were not mandatory. Or now they are being asked by case officer for everyone?

Thx.

It’s not a case of a rules change. They have just updated the website.
I would expect to be asked for a form 80 if it has not be provided. You can head them off at the pass by uploading one now if you wish. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

14 minutes ago, paulhand said:

It’s not a case of a rules change. They have just updated the website.
I would expect to be asked for a form 80 if it has not be provided. You can head them off at the pass by uploading one now if you wish. 

Thx Paul. You mean now they are being asked from all 190 applications?

Should I fill both form 80 and form 1221 for myself and my partner?

Thx.

33 minutes ago, UKFamilymovingtoAus said:

Thx Paul. You mean now they are being asked from all 190 applications?

Should I fill both form 80 and form 1221 for myself and my partner?

Thx.

I always provide a form 80 for each applicant over 18 with the application. 

Paul Hand

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

My agent told us that the form 80 wasn't always asked for, but that they can ask for it at any time.

Their view was that for a few hours of form filling it was better to just submit it rather than wait to be asked for it.

It isn't a big deal, we turned around all three Form 80s for is in under a day, you'll probably spend more time reading and replying to people's comments on here about it than you will actually filling it in.

(Back to our agent, they actually got us to fill out the Form 80 at the same time as doing the skills assessment and EOI - on the assumption that the process involved in getting all those bits of paper together would speed up the response any invite that might come along)

13 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

My agent told us that the form 80 wasn't always asked for, but that they can ask for it at any time.

Their view was that for a few hours of form filling it was better to just submit it rather than wait to be asked for it.

It isn't a big deal, we turned around all three Form 80s for is in under a day, you'll probably spend more time reading and replying to people's comments on here about it than you will actually filling it in.

(Back to our agent, they actually got us to fill out the Form 80 at the same time as doing the skills assessment and EOI - on the assumption that the process involved in getting all those bits of paper together would speed up the response any invite that might come along)

I collect enough information in my initial questionnaire to make filling in the form 80 a relatively simple, automated, task - it takes longer to check than fill in!

Paul Hand

SunCoast Migration Ltd

19 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

Thanks mate.

3 minutes ago, paulhand said:

I collect enough information in my initial questionnaire to make filling in the form 80 a relatively simple, automated, task - it takes longer to check than fill in!

Thx. I will fill the form 80. Should I fill the form 1221 as well for myself and partner?

Just to clarify that we originally thought that form 80 and 1221 not required for British citizens. But will do so now, thanks to all the comments here.

And keep copies of the travel portion of the 80. It will come in handy when you do your citizenship application down the line!

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

16 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

And keep copies of the travel portion of the 80. It will come in handy when you do your citizenship application down the line!

And remember to keep it up to date as well after applying, as you'll need this for citizenship eventually