Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DukeNinja

190 visa

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that my friend had their 190 Qld visa granted after 13 months.

Location: Offshore (UK)

Skills: Nurse

It went straight from 'received' to 'finalised'.

 

I've got a question about the travel exemption: do they need to book flights first, or apply for the travel exemption first?

 

Thanks.

  • Like 1

IELTS : 13/08/16: W8 S8 L9 R9. F2w ID Check/Rcvd: 15/08/16, 23/08/16 HCPC/SoR CoGS sent: 23/08/16. Skills Ax sent/Rcvd/granted: 30/08/16, 12/09/16, 10/10/16. AHPRA sent/AIP : 05/09/16, 28/12/16. EoI/invited: 20/1/17, 01/02/17. 189 submitted: 06/02/17, Caseworker: 23/02/17. Medicals: 31/03/17. Grant: 12/04/17. Child 101 submitted: 09/06/17. Granted: 06/07/17. Landed: 01/09/17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DukeNinja said:

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that my friend had their 190 Qld visa granted after 13 months.

Location: Offshore (UK)

Skills: Nurse

It went straight from 'received' to 'finalised'.

 

I've got a question about the travel exemption: do they need to book flights first, or apply for the travel exemption first?

 

Thanks.

  They dont need an exemption, they're PR holders now, which are automatically exempt. The exemption criteria is clearly set out on the home affairs website, namely 'citizens and permanent residents', which your friend now is.

  They're primary concern now shoul be; booking a flight, providing a negative PCR test before their flight, and praying to sweet baby jesus that their flight doesnt get canceled 17 times. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news! 
 

We have been waiting around the same time, submitted 24/1/2020.

i wonder if they’re getting round to visas from this time of submission or if they’re just approving based on occupations??

all the best! 
 

eddie

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, 31Hillbury said:

Great news! 
 

We have been waiting around the same time, submitted 24/1/2020.

i wonder if they’re getting round to visas from this time of submission or if they’re just approving based on occupations??

all the best! 
 

eddie

I believe it is very much occupation based. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 31Hillbury said:

 

i wonder if they’re getting round to visas from this time of submission or if they’re just approving based on occupations??

Nurses are on the priority list so I don't think it signifies anything.


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/02/2021 at 00:22, DukeNinja said:

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that my friend had their 190 Qld visa granted after 13 months.

Location: Offshore (UK)

Skills: Nurse

It went straight from 'received' to 'finalised'.

 

I've got a question about the travel exemption: do they need to book flights first, or apply for the travel exemption first?

 

Thanks.

Hi, Congratulations to your friend for getting the 190 approved. It would have been quite a pleasant surprise to suddenly see status from received to finalised. All the best for journey ahead.

Did your friend had to fill the Form 80 and Form 1221?

 

Thx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UKFamilymovingtoAus said:

Hi, Congratulations to your friend for getting the 190 approved. It would have been quite a pleasant surprise to suddenly see status from received to finalised. All the best for journey ahead.

Did your friend had to fill the Form 80 and Form 1221?

 

Thx.

I think they're still digesting the news tbh.

They had both 80 and 1221, as well as medicals and pcc front-loaded.

They found it unnerving that the status didn't change from 'received' since submission date.

Makes people wonder whether their application has actually been received.  


IELTS : 13/08/16: W8 S8 L9 R9. F2w ID Check/Rcvd: 15/08/16, 23/08/16 HCPC/SoR CoGS sent: 23/08/16. Skills Ax sent/Rcvd/granted: 30/08/16, 12/09/16, 10/10/16. AHPRA sent/AIP : 05/09/16, 28/12/16. EoI/invited: 20/1/17, 01/02/17. 189 submitted: 06/02/17, Caseworker: 23/02/17. Medicals: 31/03/17. Grant: 12/04/17. Child 101 submitted: 09/06/17. Granted: 06/07/17. Landed: 01/09/17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to hear that an offshore RN got his/her visa grant. I'm a RN too waiting since 03/2020; filed visa for 190-VIC. Although RNs are a high priority occupation during covid/post covid but it doesn't seem that DHA is finalizing applications based on that. Another RN friend of mine is waiting since Dec 2019 and hasn't received any update; it still says "received" on his immi account. So, its more of luck I would say! lol


ANZSCO-254415, Registered Nurse (Critical care & Emergency)-Offshore

IELTS (L-8.5/R-8/W-7/S-8)-Oct, 2017; Applied in AHPRA- Feb, 2018; Got Referral letter from AHPRA- May, 2018; Did overseas bridging program in NSW: Nov, 2018-Mar, 2019; Did PTE (L/R/W/S-79+)- Jan, 2019; Re-applied in AHPRA- Mar, 2019; Gain Professional Licence as RN- April, 2019; ANMAC skill assessment +ve- June, 2019; EOI initial submission date for 189 & 190 with 70 & 70+5 points- July, 2019.

Updated D.O.E for 189 with 85 points: 05/01/2020
Updated D.O.E for 190 with 90 points: 05/01/2020


Age-30, PTE-20, Edu-15, Overseas work exp-10, Single-10,
State sponsorship-5

PRE-INVITE from VIC -190: 16/01/2020
FINAL INVITE: 24/02/2020
Indian PCC done: 27/02/2020
Medicals Done: 07/03/2020
VISA Lodged: 06/03/2020

Grant: 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pooja Negi said:

Good to hear that an offshore RN got his/her visa grant. I'm a RN too waiting since 03/2020; filed visa for 190-VIC. Although RNs are a high priority occupation during covid/post covid but it doesn't seem that DHA is finalizing applications based on that. Another RN friend of mine is waiting since Dec 2019 and hasn't received any update; it still says "received" on his immi account. So, its more of luck I would say! lol

Might be worth calling DIBP and advising them of the AHPRA requirement to present in person or risk losing the approval in principle. This is what they did.


IELTS : 13/08/16: W8 S8 L9 R9. F2w ID Check/Rcvd: 15/08/16, 23/08/16 HCPC/SoR CoGS sent: 23/08/16. Skills Ax sent/Rcvd/granted: 30/08/16, 12/09/16, 10/10/16. AHPRA sent/AIP : 05/09/16, 28/12/16. EoI/invited: 20/1/17, 01/02/17. 189 submitted: 06/02/17, Caseworker: 23/02/17. Medicals: 31/03/17. Grant: 12/04/17. Child 101 submitted: 09/06/17. Granted: 06/07/17. Landed: 01/09/17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DukeNinja said:

Might be worth calling DIBP and advising them of the AHPRA requirement to present in person or risk losing the approval in principle. This is what they did.

Hey, we both are already registered with AHPRA as a RN since 2 years now so I don't think that will work. For overseas nurses from India or the Philippines, AHPRA registration process is completely different, we do not have to present in person rather its a different story altogether. So that will not work. We applied for jobs but being stuck overseas at the moment, nobody is willing to look at our CVs as the first thing they will ask is our residency/visa status.
Does your friend already has a job offer from an Aus employer?


ANZSCO-254415, Registered Nurse (Critical care & Emergency)-Offshore

IELTS (L-8.5/R-8/W-7/S-8)-Oct, 2017; Applied in AHPRA- Feb, 2018; Got Referral letter from AHPRA- May, 2018; Did overseas bridging program in NSW: Nov, 2018-Mar, 2019; Did PTE (L/R/W/S-79+)- Jan, 2019; Re-applied in AHPRA- Mar, 2019; Gain Professional Licence as RN- April, 2019; ANMAC skill assessment +ve- June, 2019; EOI initial submission date for 189 & 190 with 70 & 70+5 points- July, 2019.

Updated D.O.E for 189 with 85 points: 05/01/2020
Updated D.O.E for 190 with 90 points: 05/01/2020


Age-30, PTE-20, Edu-15, Overseas work exp-10, Single-10,
State sponsorship-5

PRE-INVITE from VIC -190: 16/01/2020
FINAL INVITE: 24/02/2020
Indian PCC done: 27/02/2020
Medicals Done: 07/03/2020
VISA Lodged: 06/03/2020

Grant: 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

Does your friend already has a job offer from an Aus employer?

No, that's the next step. But I can imagine competition is fierce due to an increase in the local talent pool.

I can also imagine it must be hard to secure a position from offshore.

Edited by DukeNinja

IELTS : 13/08/16: W8 S8 L9 R9. F2w ID Check/Rcvd: 15/08/16, 23/08/16 HCPC/SoR CoGS sent: 23/08/16. Skills Ax sent/Rcvd/granted: 30/08/16, 12/09/16, 10/10/16. AHPRA sent/AIP : 05/09/16, 28/12/16. EoI/invited: 20/1/17, 01/02/17. 189 submitted: 06/02/17, Caseworker: 23/02/17. Medicals: 31/03/17. Grant: 12/04/17. Child 101 submitted: 09/06/17. Granted: 06/07/17. Landed: 01/09/17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DukeNinja said:

No, that's the next step. But I can imagine competition is fierce due to an increase in the local talent pool.

I can also imagine it must be hard to secure a position from offshore.

Yes, it is very difficult. So just waiting and watch for the grant to come on its own. Do you know if there is anything else we can do in order to expedite our Visa Grants? 


ANZSCO-254415, Registered Nurse (Critical care & Emergency)-Offshore

IELTS (L-8.5/R-8/W-7/S-8)-Oct, 2017; Applied in AHPRA- Feb, 2018; Got Referral letter from AHPRA- May, 2018; Did overseas bridging program in NSW: Nov, 2018-Mar, 2019; Did PTE (L/R/W/S-79+)- Jan, 2019; Re-applied in AHPRA- Mar, 2019; Gain Professional Licence as RN- April, 2019; ANMAC skill assessment +ve- June, 2019; EOI initial submission date for 189 & 190 with 70 & 70+5 points- July, 2019.

Updated D.O.E for 189 with 85 points: 05/01/2020
Updated D.O.E for 190 with 90 points: 05/01/2020


Age-30, PTE-20, Edu-15, Overseas work exp-10, Single-10,
State sponsorship-5

PRE-INVITE from VIC -190: 16/01/2020
FINAL INVITE: 24/02/2020
Indian PCC done: 27/02/2020
Medicals Done: 07/03/2020
VISA Lodged: 06/03/2020

Grant: 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×