Brisbane Private Schools

peta

Hi guys

We have recently moved and looking at private school options in the south side.

We are not exactly religious but will tolerate it to a certain degree for a good education.

Looking for an all rounder, not that sporty or musical, or academic - the kids dabble in all, haha.

Has anyone had experience with John Paul College, Redeemer or Sheldon College? 

Keen to hear your feedback

Thanks!

We've been looking Northside recently for our little girl - looking around St Margaret's next week.

While not particular to the schools you mention, I think the "religion thing" with schools here is a quirk of how they used to be funded. I think St Margaret's is actually "St Margaret's Anglican". So while you may initially think they are religious schools, they aren't in the bible-bashing, hessian underwear, corporal punishment sense that we might immediately imagine.

My friend has children in Sheldon and she seems to sing its praises, you do get the impression its a very good school. John Paul College, Moreton Bay College and Canterbury College also have very good reputations. Of course there are lots of smaller suburb located school that also have a great reputation, it all depends what you and your children want / like. I would book a few tours and go for a visit, you will easily get a good vibe. Local Suburb Facebook pages are also a good way to get feedback on schools from the locals.

Cal x