llessur

Australian and UK Covid Responses

6 hours ago, Marisawright said:

It's specifically the Johnson & Johnson vaccine which is a different type of vaccine again.  There have been about 12 million given out and 100 cases of this rare disorder reported, all in people over 50.  

Worth noting that it's the same risk that has always been associated with the flu vaccine. Guillan-Barre syndrome.  Johnson & Johnson has also had some blood clotting side effects.

I know of one person who developed GBS after having the AZ vaccination. Its still very rare and the benefits still outweigh the rare chance of a serious side effect (from what we know so far). Im fully vaccinated but I can understand if people are wary. 

• Like 1

It’s looking like long Covid in children is far less an issue than thought.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58410584

it makes a good point.  When people are asked to participate in a survey/study on how something was for them, most don’t bother if there’s nothing worth mentioning.  

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

You may have a longer than necessary lockdown then. That seems to be the way it's heading though.

If it eases or goes before Christmas that will be a bonus 

will be surprised if fireworks go ahead on NYE with current state of play. 

• Like 1

With things like this happening we have no chance apparently they came up to Hunter looking for work as they couldn’t work in sydney 😔

⚠️ Urgent COVID-19 exposure

Workers from the SAU TREE SERVICES tree lopping business travelled from Sydney to the Hunter for work between 15 and 31 August. Multiple workers over this period of time have since tested positive to COVID-19.

If you engaged this business for their services between the dates above, you may have been exposed to COVID-19.

Please urgently get tested, isolate and contact the Public Health Unit on 𝟏𝟑𝟎𝟎 𝟎𝟔𝟔 𝟎𝟓𝟓 if you used this business’s services.

⚠️ Exposure site

▪ Charlestown Medical and Dental Centre 
   was attended by these workers on 23 August 
   from 9am - 10am.

Close contacts for this site have been contact by NSW Health. However, if you have not been contacted and were here at this time, you are a casual contact and must get tested and isolate until a negative test result is received.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Kerry Chant, that's the lady who was asked if she'd recommended an earlier, tougher lockdown and been ignored. She sounds OK, bit out of her depth maybe.

A public enquiry in the UK or a Royal Commission in Australia will get to the evidential truth, if they're allowed to be held.   

The CHO's and their health and ICT workforces are in constant communication across the country, supporting each other with R&D advances, app and data sharing, call centre software, infrastructure plans for vaccine hubs and test centres, lending, swapping, sharing and borrowing equipment as joint efforts.  You can bet they all agree on most things.  These are the non-political people who just want to get on with the job at hand, but are subservient to political will in a democracy.

Australia is behind the curve and not yet at the same pandemic status, but the UK Government are doing everything within their power to avoid starting an enquiry because they do not want the public to know which health advice was overruled by politicians, though it's pretty obvious that all 3 massively damaging delayed lockdowns were caused by UK politicians playhing roulette with people's lives.  They do not wish to be held accountable at any cost, because they will need to admit they sacrificed human life and sold their people out, and they do not want any evidence making it to the general public.    It's amazing that the UK politicians were using WhatsApp and personal emails to implement policy and business including billion pound procurements, then deleting the evidence ?  I seem to remember Hilary Clinton was massively damaged by using a personal email server to send innocuous emails instyead of her job account, yet it's now an accepted way to delete evidence for the UK?  Corrupt to the eyeballs, it seems the only way to get sacked is by having an affair that is caught on film.

I think it's the Chief Health Officers who are completely within their depths, and the Premier's who are using them to slant their politcally branded spin. It's the difference between an employee and a political leader :employees are paid to do a job, a politician can be a real asshole and take the wrong decision...but the people voted them in as their decision-making reps so the only accountability is at the voting booth next time around.  

Edited by Robert Dyson
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

It’s looking like long Covid in children is far less an issue than thought.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58410584

it makes a good point.  When people are asked to participate in a survey/study on how something was for them, most don’t bother if there’s nothing worth mentioning.  

Long Covid (symptoms persisting for weeks or months after recovery) is a pest but it wouldn't be a great concern anyway.  What most experts are worried about is the hidden damage that causes shortened life expectancy and neurological illnesses later in life.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

4 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Long Covid (symptoms persisting for weeks or months after recovery) is a pest but it wouldn't be a great concern anyway.  What most experts are worried about is the hidden damage that causes shortened life expectancy and neurological illnesses later in life.

There does seem to be a lot about the ‘extensive’ long Covid in kids though so when I saw this I thought it was worth reading as it certainly gives a different view to the assumed high prevalence of the condition. 

3 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

they do take that sort of thing very seriously in Australia, I will never be allowed to donate blood because of mad cow disease in the UK when i was living there. 

The current blood scandal enquiry and subsequent cover-up in the UK makes for shocking reading, the sacrifice of children unknowingly being used as human guinea pigs.  Unfortunately most of them are dead and only now are their stories being heard, condemned to death by the UK equivalents of Josef Mengele.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

There does seem to be a lot about the ‘extensive’ long Covid in kids though so when I saw this I thought it was worth reading as it certainly gives a different view to the assumed high prevalence of the condition. 

Ah I see.  They're not discussing long covid much in Oz so I wasn't aware of the assumed high prevalence.   

• Confused 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

2 hours ago, Robert Dyson said:

A public enquiry in the UK or a Royal Commission in Australia will get to the evidential truth, if they're allowed to be held.   

The CHO's and their health and ICT workforces are in constant communication across the country, supporting each other with R&D advances, app and data sharing, call centre software, infrastructure plans for vaccine hubs and test centres, lending, swapping, sharing and borrowing equipment as joint efforts.  You can bet they all agree on most things.  These are the non-political people who just want to get on with the job at hand, but are subservient to political will in a democracy.

Australia is behind the curve and not yet at the same pandemic status, but the UK Government are doing everything within their power to avoid starting an enquiry because they do not want the public to know which health advice was overruled by politicians, though it's pretty obvious that all 3 massively damaging delayed lockdowns were caused by UK politicians playhing roulette with people's lives.  They do not wish to be held accountable at any cost, because they will need to admit they sacrificed human life and sold their people out, and they do not want any evidence making it to the general public.    It's amazing that the UK politicians were using WhatsApp and personal emails to implement policy and business including billion pound procurements, then deleting the evidence ?  I seem to remember Hilary Clinton was massively damaged by using a personal email server to send innocuous emails instyead of her job account, yet it's now an accepted way to delete evidence for the UK?  Corrupt to the eyeballs, it seems the only way to get sacked is by having an affair that is caught on film.

I think it's the Chief Health Officers who are completely within their depths, and the Premier's who are using them to slant their politcally branded spin. It's the difference between an employee and a political leader :employees are paid to do a job, a politician can be a real asshole and take the wrong decision...but the people voted them in as their decision-making reps so the only accountability is at the voting booth next time around.  

There is no doubt that the senior department heads are simply getting on with the job while at the same time having to work alongside politicians. In an earlier post I outlined how all states now have reasonably common Emergency and Disaster plans for all agencies. These arrangements stemmed from the NSW State Emergency Management Act of 1989 and the State Emergency Management Plans that have been developed and exercised for many years. 

The main points in developing such arrangements were to also identify government agencies as a lead agency according to the type of emergency, with the agency head as the State Coordinator, obviating therefore any over indulgence from the Commonwealth departments. Secondly the EM plans are also designed to ensure that politicians are generally not making the decisions. Thirdly the EM Plans provide for the participation of local government and broader participation from private providers. Lastly, the provisions of the EM Act provide indemnity from prosecution as long as the the individual department head follows the roles and responsibilities placed upon them as set out in the relevant EM Plans.

The last point does not preclude the lawyers stepping in of course.

Edited by Dusty Plains

3 hours ago, Robert Dyson said:

We have had a public inquiry into Rubby princess nothing taken from its findings along with bush fire Royal inquiry failed to take up recommendations. Sometimes makes you wonder why have them . 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

We have had a public inquiry into Rubby princess nothing taken from its findings along with bush fire Royal inquiry failed to take up recommendations. Sometimes makes you wonder why have them . 

A waste of time.  The majority of the 230 Covid 19 cases and the 13 deaths in Tassie were all from the Ruby Princess.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

You may have a longer than necessary lockdown then. That seems to be the way it's heading though.

Unfortunately it will spread out from NSW/Victoria to all the other states.  The borders simply won't hold.  Five infected truckies have been in SA/WA in as many days.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robert Dyson said:

they do take that sort of thing very seriously in Australia, I will never be allowed to donate blood because of mad cow disease in the UK when i was living there. 

The current blood scandal enquiry and subsequent cover-up in the UK makes for shocking reading, the sacrifice of children unknowingly being used as human guinea pigs.  Unfortunately most of them are dead and only now are their stories being heard, condemned to death by the UK equivalents of Josef Mengele.

Bit off topic but I've always wondered about this. I also can't give blood in Australia due to living in Scotland at that time, but still dont understand the science behind this. I always thought you got it or you didnt, is there evidence it can linger in the body unseen for decades and have impacts later in life?

:evilface_frowning_s

31 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Bit off topic but I've always wondered about this. I also can't give blood in Australia due to living in Scotland at that time, but still dont understand the science behind this. I always thought you got it or you didnt, is there evidence it can linger in the body unseen for decades and have impacts later in life?

That is the risk, that it is incubating and may appear as creutzfeldt-jakob disease in later life.  Covers everybody who was living in the UK for 6 months between 1980-1996, so pretty much every UK citizen over 25 who's immigrated here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Toots said:

A waste of time.  The majority of the 230 Covid 19 cases and the 13 deaths in Tassie were all from the Ruby Princess.

I agree it’s criminal that measures have not been put in place after this , it’s on Gladys head maybe not the time now but definitely in the future, so many people could have been saved . 

13 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

And also after having the jab too apparently.   I read an article over the weekend (wish I had saved a copy....) that was talking about people seriously ill with neurological issues that only presented after they had been jabbed.   Wish I could find the article now, but it was about people in Denmark, Europe and South Africa.   Anyone else see the article and save it???   Not sure where I saw it unfortunately.

So now I am beginning to question whether the jab is good to  have, or best left alone.  

It's good to have.  Hope that helps👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

They still don't know how long Mad Cow can incubate in the body.  Some studies suggest it can lie dormant for up to 50 years before any symptoms show, so you'd have no idea you had it.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, MacGyver said:

I have always wondered that too.   I lived in UK during that period and was a regular blood donor for may years,  but can no longer be one.   I do not eat beef and haven't for 50 years, but because I lived in UK during that I time I am not allowed to donate.   Go figure!

• Like 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

7 hours ago, unzippy said:

It's good to have.  Hope that helps👍

Maybe

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

15 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

Maybe

@Rossmoyne did you see my post - the neurological side effect is just the Johnston & Johnston vaccine. Not likely to apply to the other vaccines which are made in a different way.

9 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

I have always wondered that too.   I lived in UK during that period and was a regular blood donor for may years,  but can no longer be one.   I do not eat beef and haven't for 50 years, but because I lived in UK during that I time I am not allowed to donate.   Go figure!

I know this is off topic, but I’ll add one post. I think there was a lot we weren’t told about the CJD outbreaks. I had flown back into Heathrow to get back to Nottingham, and there were no hire cars available, caught a bus to Leicester with others, and then shared a taxi with another passenger, who was going to Syston Leics, about 15 miles from my home. On the way he told me his son had died from from the disease, and there had been a cluster of deaths there, and he had flown back for the enquiry We had never heard a single word about it locally. It must have been hushed up.

• Like 2

wow!!!

People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person. “We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/09/pandemic-australia-still-liberal-democracy/619940/

5 hours ago, ramot said:

I know this is off topic, but I’ll add one post. I think there was a lot we weren’t told about the CJD outbreaks. I had flown back into Heathrow to get back to Nottingham, and there were no hire cars available, caught a bus to Leicester with others, and then shared a taxi with another passenger, who was going to Syston Leics, about 15 miles from my home. On the way he told me his son had died from from the disease, and there had been a cluster of deaths there, and he had flown back for the enquiry We had never heard a single word about it locally. It must have been hushed up.

The amount of fuss that was made about mad cow disease, and we lose about 100 people a year from it.

140,000 deaths from covid and people think it's an over reaction.

Good grief.

• Like 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!