Jump to content
llessur

Australian and UK Covid Responses

Recommended Posts

On 04/09/2022 at 14:27, simmo said:

👍seen this the otherday, funny enough the CDC now lists it under covid treatments although it does state that they still don't recommend it but trials are ongoing.

I don't see the point in still doing trials when I thought that they already said that it does nothing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lavers said:

👍seen this the otherday, funny enough the CDC now lists it under covid treatments although it does state that they still don't recommend it but trials are ongoing.

I don't see the point in still doing trials when I thought that they already said that it does nothing.

It doesn't make people rich - that's the problem.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The study by Kerr et al.contains several critical flaws. Notably, it analyzed data in such a way that led people who developed COVID-19 to be excluded from the group of regular ivermectin users, regardless of their actual ivermectin use. Therefore, COVID-19 patients are underrepresented in the group of regular ivermectin users, making this group appear to have a lower risk of COVID-19 death compared to irregular users or non-users.

 

https://healthfeedback.org/

 

The antiparasitic drug ivermectin has been subjected to many studies attempting to determine if it is effective at preventing or treating COVID-19. Large, randomized controlled trials so far haven’t detected benefits from ivermectin treatment in COVID-19 patients

  • Like 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

The study by Kerr et al.contains several critical flaws. Notably, it analyzed data in such a way that led people who developed COVID-19 to be excluded from the group of regular ivermectin users, regardless of their actual ivermectin use. Therefore, COVID-19 patients are underrepresented in the group of regular ivermectin users, making this group appear to have a lower risk of COVID-19 death compared to irregular users or non-users.

 

https://healthfeedback.org/

 

The antiparasitic drug ivermectin has been subjected to many studies attempting to determine if it is effective at preventing or treating COVID-19. Large, randomized controlled trials so far haven’t detected benefits from ivermectin treatment in COVID-19 patients

I'm not saying for one minute Ivermectin does work (you'd like to think that if it did it would have been used by now to help people).

It's just hard to believe the powers that be when the FDA approved the latest vaccine without even trying it on humans, or is that totally normal?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Lavers said:

I'm not saying for one minute Ivermectin does work (you'd like to think that if it did it would have been used by now to help people).

It's just hard to believe the powers that be when the FDA approved the latest vaccine without even trying it on humans, or is that totally normal?

It certainly sounds odd to me


British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Lavers said:

or is that totally normal?

That's what happens with the flu vaccine each year is it not? It's "new", but its actually the old one that's been extensively tested, but tweaked for the newest mutation of the virus

  • Like 2

:evilface_frowning_s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MacGyver said:

That's what happens with the flu vaccine each year is it not? It's "new", but its actually the old one that's been extensively tested, but tweaked for the newest mutation of the virus

I'd imagine so with the flu jab being around for so long but wasn't sure it that is normal practice with newer vaccines.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2022 at 09:27, Lavers said:

I'd imagine so with the flu jab being around for so long but wasn't sure it that is normal practice with newer vaccines.

I had the new omicron covid mutant jab today. I’ll let you know how I get on. Currently not dead.🙃😅

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

I had the new omicron covid mutant jab today. I’ll let you know how I get on. Currently not dead.🙃😅

But are you sure you're not dead? Have you been peer reviewed? We can't just rely on your opinion. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia) www.kbfayers.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ken said:

But are you sure you're not dead? Have you been peer reviewed? We can't just rely on your opinion. 

Slightly different, but my husband has to prove annually that he is still alive, to keep receiving a pension. 

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ken said:

But are you sure you're not dead? Have you been peer reviewed? We can't just rely on your opinion. 

Definitely sure. I have so much pain (not covid/vaccine related) I always say if I wake up without pain I’ll think I am dead. Just got up, still in pain, ergo still alive! 😅

my perception is my own reality etc😂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ramot said:

Slightly different, but my husband has to prove annually that he is still alive, to keep receiving a pension. 

does he have to do a tiktok video?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ramot said:

Slightly different, but my husband has to prove annually that he is still alive, to keep receiving a pension. 

You think dead people should get the pension?

  • Haha 2

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Parley said:

You think dead people should get the pension?

It’s only one pension that he gets that requires official  annual proof, of course it makes sense, but no point asking me for proof, as some days I have my doubts🤔 the amount of time he is asleep 😴 on the sofa!!!

ps, I do still get a reduced pension after he dies though, so you could argue that yes a dead persons pension carries on?

Edited by ramot
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/09/2022 at 12:51, ramot said:

Slightly different, but my husband has to prove annually that he is still alive, to keep receiving a pension. 

Good old UK Pension Service!


......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the past week, my wife has tested positive for Covid, so has my Dad, my brother and his gf.  2 people in work I know have also tested positive as well. So, I don't know if this thing has gone away yet.

When I hear that the 'pandemic is over' or that, particularly in the UK, numbers are low, I wonder what they're basing that on. You can't submit your lateral flow test results anymore and PCR test centres are gone so, what are the low numbers based on?

I worry that, if the numbers are low that might deter people from further boosters and, if we get another nasty strain, that might be a problem.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, s713 said:

I worry that, if the numbers are low that might deter people from further boosters and, if we get another nasty strain, that might be a problem.

my dad had his 5th jab the other week, said it was much quieter than last time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else find it worrying that Google search will only return positive results about the vaccines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, s713 said:

In the past week, my wife has tested positive for Covid, so has my Dad, my brother and his gf.  2 people in work I know have also tested positive as well. So, I don't know if this thing has gone away yet.

When I hear that the 'pandemic is over' or that, particularly in the UK, numbers are low, I wonder what they're basing that on. You can't submit your lateral flow test results anymore and PCR test centres are gone so, what are the low numbers based on?

I worry that, if the numbers are low that might deter people from further boosters and, if we get another nasty strain, that might be a problem.

It’s behind a paywall but the Health Service Journal published charts they say evidences a 4th wave building.  It’s going to be a very very tough winter for an NHS that is demoralised, already has a huge backlog and has 1 in 10 roles vacant that they can’t fill. 

  • Like 2

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here it is

 

The number of people admitted to hospital who test positive for covid is rising once more in every English region after two months of decline.

The seven-day total for admissions increased 17 per cent from 3,434 on 12 September to 4,015 a week later. This appears to signal the fourth wave of increased covid admissions the NHS has faced this year.

The steepest rise came – as has been the case at the start of previous 2022 waves – in the South West. The seven-day total jumped 39 per cent to 509.

The largest increase by number of patients came in the North East and Yorkshire region, where the total rose 174 (30 per cent) to 755.

The total number of covid positive patients in English hospitals is also rising again in every region, except London.

The South West – a relatively small health and care economy with limited ability to improve discharge rates – saw occupancy balloon 63 per cent in a week.

As has been the case since spring, around a third of covid positive patients are being treated primarily for the disease.

 

Ad growth

The x-axis of the chart isn't easy to read - it starts at 1 April 2022 and runs to 18 Sep in 2 day increments

Edited by FirstWorldProblems
  • Like 2

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/09/2022 at 14:41, simmo said:

Hard to tell what was the correct thing to do really, the biggest crime for me really was having the vax mandates when it is obvious that the vax does little in reducing the spread.

American colleges still mandating for students even though the CDC has said that unvaccinated and vaccinated are the same.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you follow the experts, which our Govt says they did, the vaccines are not just about reducing rates of transmission, they're also about reducing severity of infection.

My 75 year old Dad has had Covid this last week and, thankfully, he's had 4 jabs. So, he's over it now. Many weren't so lucky.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×