llessur

Australian and UK Covid Responses

13 hours ago, Rallyman said:

Go back to the criticism that trump received when he said it had come from the labs . He got smashed maybe he was right in this instance. 

Well, I guess if he was funding the research then he would know.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

9 hours ago, Marisawright said:

How do you know?  If you stop and read it properly, with an analytical eye instead of just swallowing it whole, there are very few facts there and there's no hard evidence of anything. 

What are you quoting has very few facts? 

10 hours ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

It is not and it cannot.  You are being deceived.  It's just like the "rigged election".  When someone with influence says there is evidence, that they can produce that evidence, but doesn't actually do you, I'd counsel you to to question "why don't they produce the evidence?" and "what motivation might this person have to be dishonest here?".  

Now one day there might be actual evidence and at that point, and only at that point, we should sit up and pay real attention and call for the appropriate justice to be done.

But for now, it's political theatre and some members of the audience are conflating it with reality.

The e mails have been produced , the money chain is there as has been discussed by a sub committee of congress 

Fauci was getting very hot under the collar with some very telling questions being asked  a couple of days ago. 
let’s not mention his e mail sent back in 2012 

https://nypost.com/2021/06/03/fauci-emails-prove-he-knew-of-wuhan-research-sen-paul/

21 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

The e mails have been produced , the money chain is there as has been discussed by a sub committee of congress 

Fauci was getting very hot under the collar with some very telling questions being asked  a couple of days ago. 
let’s not mention his e mail sent back in 2012 

https://nypost.com/2021/06/03/fauci-emails-prove-he-knew-of-wuhan-research-sen-paul/

I saw that interview. He was getting hot under the collar because he does not tolerate fools gladly and he was being asked some extraordinarily dumb questions 

• Like 3

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

22 hours ago, newjez said:

It probably didn't come from a wet market though.

Not originated in the wet market.  But the lab which had studied the deaths of the bat guano workers was near the wet market.  It's conceivable that an accidental transmission  from the lab infected a human at the  market which is where the first (publically acknowledged) cases were.

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

I saw that interview. He was getting hot under the collar because he does not tolerate fools gladly and he was being asked some extraordinarily dumb questions 

I'm amazed how he has managed to keep his cool for this long -  particularly during  those idiotic Trump ramblings he had to endure.

• Like 1

Actually I'd be very surprised if all super powers were not into all this sort of stuff. (Not just the baddies, but the goodies too).

I want it all, and I want it now.

23 minutes ago, Parley said:

Actually I'd be very surprised if all super powers were not into all this sort of stuff. (Not just the baddies, but the goodies too).

They are supposed to have stopped experimenting with viruses (remember Porton Down?) but I agree, I'm sure the Russians and the Chinese are still fooling around with it.

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Because he doesn’t want the truth to come out nothing to see here I am right you are all wrong move on , he knows full well GOFR  was being carried out at that lab, which the funds he was in charge of have been proved to have funded research there. 

1 hour ago, Skani said:

I'm amazed how he has managed to keep his cool for this long -  particularly during  those idiotic Trump ramblings he had to endure.

Trump was ridiculed for saying it had come from the lab , he is now being ridiculed by the very same people for not carrying out a investigation to the source , one e mail by top staff stated that it would open Pandora’s box if a investigation was carried out. 

This is no natural virus it’s been man made in a lab and either accidentally leaked or deliberately leaked and I don’t think we will ever get the truth on that as you are dealing with China. 

9 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

Trump was ridiculed for saying it had come from the lab , he is now being ridiculed by the very same people for not carrying out a investigation to the source , one e mail by top staff stated that it would open Pandora’s box if a investigation was carried out. 

This is no natural virus it’s been man made in a lab and either accidentally leaked or deliberately leaked and I don’t think we will ever get the truth on that as you are dealing with China. 

All the evidence suggests it was not man made but evolved from bats. Conspiracy theories aside, that doesn't alter the potential that it was being studied in the labs in Wuhan and "escaped" - that's certainly a possibility. Blaming Fauci, a man who has spent his entire career trying to help people, and believing Trump, who has basically done the opposite.... 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

Because he doesn’t want the truth to come out nothing to see here I am right you are all wrong move on , he knows full well GOFR  was being carried out at that lab, which the funds he was in charge of have been proved to have funded research there. 

There is clearly no point in arguing with you .  Here is a reasoned article from a reputable source which puts a more balanced view, but I do not propose to waste my time any more with this:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01529-3

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Graham Fletcher said:

All the evidence suggests it was not man made but evolved from bats. Conspiracy theories aside, that doesn't alter the potential that it was being studied in the labs in Wuhan and "escaped" - that's certainly a possibility. Blaming Fauci, a man who has spent his entire career trying to help people, and believing Trump, who has basically done the opposite.... 

DYOR

Top virologist have stated that it’s not natural, when sars was discovered they had it worked out within months and where it had originated. 
This is not the case with covid 19 officially they are saying they don’t know but in reality they know it’s come from a lab. 

Fauci is on record saying it didn’t occur in a lab ,  but e mails under FOIR clearly shows he knows a lot more about it and tried to cover it up.He knew they were doing GOFR at the wuhan lab. 

I am not interested in political sides just the truth to come out 

the e mails evidence is damaging 

Worth a read / watch https://www.foxnews.com/media/jesse-watters-fauci-era-officially-over-watters-world-coronavirus-wuhan-emails

54 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

There is clearly no point in arguing with you .  Here is a reasoned article from a reputable source which puts a more balanced view, but I do not propose to waste my time any more with this:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01529-3

Not arguing it’s called discussion let’s get to the bottom of it and the truth. 

so many people have paid with their lives , the world is in a mess because some have chosen to open Pandora’s box playing with fire and now we are all getting burned. 

Edited by Rallyman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Skani said:

Not originated in the wet market.  But the lab which had studied the deaths of the bat guano workers was near the wet market.  It's conceivable that an accidental transmission  from the lab infected a human at the  market which is where the first (publically acknowledged) cases were.

Perhaps, but on the flip-side, the majority (2/3) of early cases had no epidemiological links to that market at all (i.e., not a close contact of someone who went to the market).  In fact, phylogenetic studies showed that all cases tied to the market had identical genomes while the other cases had more (albeit small, as in a single mutation) diversity.  This indicates that the Huanan Market probably wasn't the origin of the virus, but merely a place where there was a superspreader event.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

Not arguing it’s called discussion let’s get to the bottom of it and the truth. 

so many people have paid with their lives , the world is in a mess because some have chosen to open Pandora’s box playing with fire and now we are all getting burned. 

I agree, its not arguing.  Nobody here on PIO holds all the cards in relation to how the virus made its way into the general population. But we are living in a worldwide calamity and that is bound to generate discussion here on PIO and right across the planet for that matter.  Even the WHO have not been able to clearly determine how the outbreak occurred. The jury is still out, largely in relation what intermediate host acted as a conduit between Coronavirus in bats and Coronavirus in humans. 

I have no problem whatsoever with pointing a finger or two at China. We need to get to the truth so that the world will know how to prevent the next outbreak.  

• Like 1

Just a reminder that this thread was allowed as it was supposed to be about Australia's and the UKs response/ actions.

Please refrain from discussing the conspiracy side of things or we will close the thread.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Sadly a 52 yr old woman has died today from blood clots after taking AZ.

Makes me feel a bit better about my stance to wait a while.

25 minutes ago, Parley said:

Sadly a 52 yr old woman has died today from blood clots after taking AZ.

Makes me feel a bit better about my stance to wait a while.

That's two people died out of over 3 million jabs.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

That's two people died out of over 3 million jabs.

Ì don't want to be No 3.

Funny we don't care if it is a total stranger. If it was your husband you might think differently.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Parley said:

Ì don't want to be No 3.

Funny we don't care if it is a total stranger. If it was your husband you might think differently.

I think we do care and it certainly makes us think.  The thing is where do you stop.  Almost every medical procedure/medication you have done has a tiny risk. Even a tooth extraction does.  We have to balance the risk.  People drop dead running marathons, do you suggest no one takes up running. Sports like cycle racing/formula one, they crash and die. Skiing, swimming (people have drowned from cramp)  I saw on tv the other day a guy in his 60’s was playing tennis and collapsed.  He was rushed to hospital with a heart rate of over 240.  He’d have died very quickly so his heart had to be shocked twice.  He’s fine now but should no one take up tennis or perhaps no one should have a leisurely game about over 60.  Today where you are and were I am people will die on the roads.  Should we stop driving.  It’s completely your choice and I’ve said before, I understand people’s reluctance there because the numbers are so low. People here have chosen not to have the jab and have paid with their life.  Again, it was their choice.  Covid itself gives you a seven times more chance of clots than the jab let alone all the other things it gives.  It’s ok for you to not get AZ and it’s ok to make your choice because of the clot risk. You do seem a tad obsessed with AZ and it’s poor performance and clot risk.  Sadly a tiny tiny percentage of people have lost their lives with a clot and I do care about that but my focus is mainly on the great many lives the jab has saved and continues to save. We’d be in a pretty dire mess here without the vaccine, there was nothing else to save us.  The main thing to worry about is if it kicks off there those unvaccinated will wait about two months before they reach descent protection.  Nothing wrong with you choosing to take your chances with that and nothing wrong with people deciding to get AZ right now.  It’s all good but please don’t think people are wrong to get it.  They are making a choice to take that minimal risk to stay safe and keep others safe too.   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Parley said:

Ì don't want to be No 3.

It's a case of looking at the odds.  If there's a big outbreak, my likelihood of getting seriously ill and dying from Covid is very much higher than my chances of getting the blood clots

You're assuming we'll manage to avoid any more outbreaks before you can get your Pfizer shot.  I was less optimistic.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

It's a case of looking at the odds.  If there's a big outbreak, my likelihood of getting seriously ill and dying from Covid is very much higher than my chances of getting the blood clots

You're assuming we'll manage to avoid any more outbreaks before you can get your Pfizer shot.  I was less optimistic.

I’ve noticed across social media that many of those who were comfortable letting Covid into Australian because “it’s just like flu, only a few thousand vulnerable people will die” are the same ones criticising AstraZeneca because it has (very sadly) caused a single death in Australia. I am unsure if it is linked to political affiliations/discussion groups, specific news sources, or because the “vulnerable” group now encapsulates them instead of someone else. 

• Like 2

:evilface_frowning_s

52 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I’ve noticed across social media that many of those who were comfortable letting Covid into Australian because “it’s just like flu, only a few thousand vulnerable people will die” are the same ones criticising AstraZeneca because it has (very sadly) caused a single death in Australia. I am unsure if it is linked to political affiliations/discussion groups, specific news sources, or because the “vulnerable” group now encapsulates them instead of someone else. 

Really??? Haven't heard that one.

• Haha 1