Jump to content
llessur

Australian and UK Covid Responses

Recommended Posts

On 04/11/2021 at 07:39, Robert Dyson said:

Uk 7 day rolling trend figures :  41,299 cases yesterday,  1141 deaths weekly (217 yesterday),  hospital admittance 7213 weekly (888 yesterday)

UK 7 day rolling trend figures :  30,305 cases yesterday,  1174 deaths weekly,  hospital admittance 7241 weekly.

With cases numbers now dropping, hospital admittance and numbers of deaths should begin to drop markedly next week.   

Total deaths for UK since the pandemic started is 164,491.   UK vaccination figures are a little under 80% for 2 dose uptakes across the eligible population, but these figures are going to become increasingly meaningless for comparisons as the autumn booster jab campaign kicks in for the vulnerable and over-50's, and the different policies of definining, vaccinating and counting u-18's.    I'd expect to see a table in future just highlighting the unvaccinated numbers against the population census, then produced as a percentage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/11/2021 at 07:23, rtritudr said:

There is speculation that the dip is due to the half-term break so the weeks coming up to Christmas might reverse this trend.

Not so. 

A week after half term. And more or less no restrictions.

20211108_062429.jpg

Edited by simmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booster programme seems to be going well.  I have mine booked for Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

Booster programme seems to be going well.  I have mine booked for Sunday. 

Is it still AZ?

All boosters here are Pfizer.


Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Parley said:

Is it still AZ?

All boosters here are Pfizer.

It doesn’t actually say which one but all the people I know that have had their booster got Pfizer so I assume I’ll get the same. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An email I received yesterday...

Just in case you were wondering why Pfizer is being hailed as the preferred Vaccine ?

Dr Jannette Young is the ex Queensland Chief Health Officer – the CHO’s in this country currently have more power than anyone else.

Prof Graeme Nimmo. Director of Qld Pathology. He has served on the board of Pfizer and takes speaking fees from them.

He is also Jannette Young’s husband. Jannette Young has for months being telling people not to get the AstraZeneca vaccination. Wait for Pfizer, Pfizer is the best, the Federal Government is killing you without Pfizer.

Andrew and Nicole Forest and the Mindaroo Foundation. They’ve worked with the Gates Foundation before. They sourced the testing kits for the government via Beijing Geonomics Institute (BGI).

BGI has their lab in Australia at Herston. Same place as Queensland Pathology. The same place that Jannette Young’s husband works.

Guess who has a direct relationship with them all? Henry Palaszcuk.

THEY ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.

Henry Palaszcuk is the father of the Queensland Premier!

What a coincidence!!

 

0?ui=2&ik=0f9a5b364e&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1715685138274537751&th=17cf568b0d455117&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8jyVBr3YE32EckhIip9hWz6_ZwflgLXGHo4bK1MzfMZlg67q9hHR2JQLO9ZDDH4kUBpmLn9p536PgfH_Ea3bL-YK4VobmqbYvzLjBT4xoJQ4ZYsDk8_w0rOG0&disp=emb

Cheers, Bobj.

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobj said:

An email I received yesterday...

Just in case you were wondering why Pfizer is being hailed as the preferred Vaccine ?

Dr Jannette Young is the ex Queensland Chief Health Officer – the CHO’s in this country currently have more power than anyone else.

Prof Graeme Nimmo. Director of Qld Pathology. He has served on the board of Pfizer and takes speaking fees from them.

He is also Jannette Young’s husband. Jannette Young has for months being telling people not to get the AstraZeneca vaccination. Wait for Pfizer, Pfizer is the best, the Federal Government is killing you without Pfizer.

Andrew and Nicole Forest and the Mindaroo Foundation. They’ve worked with the Gates Foundation before. They sourced the testing kits for the government via Beijing Geonomics Institute (BGI).

BGI has their lab in Australia at Herston. Same place as Queensland Pathology. The same place that Jannette Young’s husband works.

Guess who has a direct relationship with them all? Henry Palaszcuk.

THEY ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.

Henry Palaszcuk is the father of the Queensland Premier!

What a coincidence!!

 

0?ui=2&ik=0f9a5b364e&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1715685138274537751&th=17cf568b0d455117&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8jyVBr3YE32EckhIip9hWz6_ZwflgLXGHo4bK1MzfMZlg67q9hHR2JQLO9ZDDH4kUBpmLn9p536PgfH_Ea3bL-YK4VobmqbYvzLjBT4xoJQ4ZYsDk8_w0rOG0&disp=emb

Cheers, Bobj.

 

It isn't because AZ killed about a dozen healthy Australians?

You love a good conspiracy theory 🤣


Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

It doesn’t actually say which one but all the people I know that have had their booster got Pfizer so I assume I’ll get the same. 

Interesting. Britain must be ditching AZ too.


Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Parley said:

Interesting. Britain must be ditching AZ too.

I’ll let you know which one I get so you can stop worrying for me 😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s because most Brits had the AZ vaccine originally so a booster of Pfizer gives a more complete protection.  There’s no indication of Britain ditching AZ - despite your very many negative comments!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cup Final 1973 said:

I think it’s because most Brits had the AZ vaccine originally so a booster of Pfizer gives a more complete protection.  There’s no indication of Britain ditching AZ - despite your very many negative comments!

Negative?  Who?

Its just banter about a common subject. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dusty Plains said:

Negative?  Who?

Its just banter about a common subject. 

Parley was always anti the AZ jab.

We had it as did everyone we know.  i tried to count how many different jabs (vaccines) for all sorts of things I've had over my lifetime and I almost lost count.  I'm still alive and kicking.  This year I had the two AZ, flu and shingles ones.  Apparently our Covid booster in January will be the Pfizer one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Parley said:

Interesting. Britain must be ditching AZ too.

It would have been a commercial and or political decision.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After rising steadily for a month, the last week has seen a decline in hospital admissions in the UK.   

Yes I know it's still ten times what it was back in May and yes it might just be a half term effect, but my fingers are all crossed this trend continues.  It would be just awesome if it can.

 

 

Ad

  • Haha 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I’ll let you know which one I get so you can stop worrying for me 😀

You might get a half dose of the moderna, that’s the other booster option. 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dusty Plains said:

Negative?  Who?

Its just banter about a common subject. 

Sorry I didn’t mean that in a general way.  I was answering Parley’s comment on ditching AZ.  His comments on AZ are always negative, so much so that I suspect him of having shares in Pfizer.  If he does, he’ll be a millionaire given the profits Pfizer have made from their vaccine.😂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

You might get a half dose of the moderna, that’s the other booster option. 👍

Is that Parley approved? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

Is that Parley approved? 

Of course.

But i would not put AZ into my arm personally as you know (on advice from the medical experts).

Edited by Parley

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Parley said:

Of course.

But i would not put AZ into my arm personally as you know (on advice from the medical experts).

I do wonder about the role big pharma had in the bad mouthing of this vaccine, worried about an at cost competitor maybe? 🤔

However I do feel you need to be happy with what medication of any kind is put into your body, informed consent and all that! 
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amber Snowball said:

I do wonder about the role big pharma had in the bad mouthing of this vaccine, worried about an at cost competitor maybe? 🤔

However I do feel you need to be happy with what medication of any kind is put into your body, informed consent and all that! 
 

AZ is an effective immunisation especially for older people and it holds up against other immunisation products in terms of perseverance. Professor Robert Booy recommends  that double dose AZ patients should consider a Pfizer shot at six months onward.

Edited by Dusty Plains
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dusty Plains said:

AZ is an effective immunisation especially for older people and it holds up against other immunisation products in terms of perseverance. Professor Robert Booy recommends  that double dose AZ patients should consider a Pfizer shot at six months onward.

It is a good vaccine and the mixing of shots for the booster seems to work well. Like I said I think other forces were at work with the way the message on AZ was put out and from a distance places like france and Australia seemed  to keep changing the safety advice quite loudly and then wondering why the public rejected it. 🤷🏻
My mum and son both had double AZ.

My son has been redeployed onto the covid wards and is horrified by how unwell people are with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

It is a good vaccine and the mixing of shots for the booster seems to work well. Like I said I think other forces were at work with the way the message on AZ was put out and from a distance places like france and Australia seemed  to keep changing the safety advice quite loudly and then wondering why the public rejected it. 🤷🏻
My mum and son both had double AZ.

My son has been redeployed onto the covid wards and is horrified by how unwell people are with it.

Good maybe for most people. But most people want more than good. They want the best, the safest, the most effective vaccine and they want to have a choice, not be told which vaccine they are allowed to have.


Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Parley said:

Good maybe for most people. But most people want more than good. They want the best, the safest, the most effective vaccine and they want to have a choice, not be told which vaccine they are allowed to have.

So why did you get Pfizer (and promote) and not wait for Moderna, which is the best and most effective. They are all equally as safe.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of them are risk free.  ATAGI announced today the investigation of 1713 reports of suspected myocarditis and/or pericarditis following Pfizer and 19 reported cases of myocarditis following Moderna vaccine.


British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/07/2021 at 10:56, FirstWorldProblems said:

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson will lead us through this.

LEADERSHIP!

Image

Boris Johnson ignores NHS policy and removes his mask for the cameras during hospital visit

 

You folks in Australia might despair about elements of your Covid response, but at least you don't have a PM constantly working to actively undermine recovery in favour of his own personal popularity.

 

  • Like 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×