extensions to current visa

Chopped Pork

My enquiry is regarding the current COVID situation.

Are there any extensions to current visa's, I'm assuming the expiry date of our visa's can't be pushed out all because of this limbo situation?

For info, I'm still in the UK, we've not made the move yet, we have until 21st June 2023 to make the move, our visa are  Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190).

Another question is are we able make the move during the pandemic? 

Any help on this subject is greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Chopped Pork said:

Yes ... you hold permanent visas and are therefore able to travel to Australia. 

1 hour ago, Chopped Pork said:

I'm assuming the expiry date of our visa's can't be pushed out

Correct

7 hours ago, Chopped Pork said:

Are there any extensions to current visa's, I'm assuming the expiry date of our visa's can't be pushed out all because of this limbo situation?

For info, I'm still in the UK, we've not made the move yet, we have until 21st June 2023 to make the move, our visa are  Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190).

I would also like to know this. We are yet to make the move. We have been granted a 186 employer sponsored visa.

On 08/02/2021 at 00:59, Chopped Pork said:

Hi Chopped Pork,

Visa expiry dates can't be extended so you'll need to be in Australia before the visa expires.

Based on the Department of Home Affairs website (at of 12 February 2021) you can enter Australia as an Australian Permanent Resident without applying for a travel exemption. Currently COVID-19 testing is mandatory for incoming international travellers and there are also quarantine requirements. Please check the Department of Home Affairs COVID-19 website for details: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/travel-restrictions