opportunity to learn a trade?

Guest MikeandAmy

Guest MikeandAmy

A friend of ours mentioned that he had seen an advert in the paper offering opportunities to go over to oz and learn a trade. has anyone heard anything about this?

he cant remember if it was the news of the world or daily mail. we have been on both websites and cannot find anything.

I've heard rumours about these scheams, and its not good.

I think they get you into Oz with a student visa, charge you for the training, yet there is no guarantee of work at the end of it, so you could end up out of pocket, no longer with a visa, and insufficient experience to get an independent skilled visa.

Bottom line is be very careful, and remember if it looks too good to be true then it probably is.

There are such possibilities but if borderline you should consult with a MARA agent or attend an institution in Australia who has MARA qualified personnel. With MARA advice you can make an informed choice and monitor progress plus any related migration changes.

Problems we see are candidates choosing wrong course/occupation i.e. not getting professional MARA advice before hand and wrong locations where work opportunities are thin during study.

Cheers Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Laura G

The student route is a recognised pathway, that's why Australian Government College's offer the courses primarily as 2 year courses to allow you to lodge for an onshore skilled visa.

The Company I work for offer the learn a trade, we are based in Surfers Paradise, QLD

I won't name any names, but I have poached a few clients from the advert that you mention in the national paper. They charge a huge amount professional fee, clients have told me that they charge 2000 pounds for their fee or more, we charge 950 Australian Dollars, which is roughly 400 pounds.

We advertise in Australia and New Zealand mag.

It can be an expensive exercise depending on the size of your family, having to pay the Course fee and school fees for your kids if there over the age of 5, also the restriction on work rights does not help!!! But I have helped over 150 people in the last 3 year start the process and acheive their goal of PR.

Laura

Archived