190 Nurse

bezdo

Hi,

Planning on applying for a 190 visa as a Registered Nurse (nec). Lived in NSW for over 5 years, graduated from an accredited University with a Bachelor in Nursing. Have my registration and 1 year of work experience so far. Currently residing in NSW, working here and have superior English.

Sitting at 85 points so far. How likely am I to get invited?

Any additional tips and info appreciated.

Edited by bezdo

On 05/02/2021 at 17:10, bezdo said:

Hi,

Planning on applying for a 190 visa as a Registered Nurse (nec). Lived in NSW for over 5 years, graduated from an accredited University with a Bachelor in Nursing. Have my registration and 1 year of work experience so far. Currently residing in NSW, working here and have superior English.

Hi Bezdo, very few invitations are being issued at the moment. You can check the latest invitation data on the DHA website: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/invitation-rounds

I believe the next invitation round should be sometime in April because invitation rounds are now quarterly for this year and the last one was in January, according to the DHA website.

On 05/02/2021 at 06:10, bezdo said:

Hi,

When you say you have superior English is that you assessing your English as superior or have you actually taken the IELTS or PTE test to prove it.

For immigration purposes unless you have the test proof then you can't claim the points.

On 05/02/2021 at 11:40, bezdo said:

Hi,

Hello,

Glad to see a fellow nurse here. I believe your chances of receiving an invitation are very bright seeing you are an onshore nurse and living in NSW since the last 5 years. It's just a matter of time, so submit your EOI and wait! Wish you luck 🙂

On 12/02/2021 at 20:40, Jia said:

Hi Bezdo, very few invitations are being issued at the moment. You can check the latest invitation data on the DHA website: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/invitation-rounds

I believe the next invitation round should be sometime in April because invitation rounds are now quarterly for this year and the last one was in January, according to the DHA website.

Jia, She/he is asking regarding 190 invitations which happens as per the state's wishes. You are talking about 189 invites which will be quarterly for this year.

On 05/02/2021 at 01:10, bezdo said:

Hi,

You're bulletproof kid, go for it! Onshore medical field, doesnt get much better, tbh!

• Haha 1

On 15/02/2021 at 15:23, Pooja Negi said:

Jia, She/he is asking regarding 190 invitations which happens as per the state's wishes. You are talking about 189 invites which will be quarterly for this year.

Sorry, my bad! I must have misread the original post. Please ignore my reply above.

On 15/02/2021 at 10:02, Ausvisitor said:

When you say you have superior English is that you assessing your English as superior or have you actually taken the IELTS or PTE test to prove it.

For immigration purposes unless you have the test proof then you can't claim the points.

Superior english tested in PTE.

On 15/02/2021 at 15:19, Pooja Negi said:

Hello,

Glad to see a fellow nurse here. I believe your chances of receiving an invitation are very bright seeing you are an onshore nurse and living in NSW since the last 5 years. It's just a matter of time, so submit your EOI and wait! Wish you luck 🙂

Hi, thank you for this! Really appreciate it! Plus I have a full time job as RN. Don’t know if that helps.

And my best bet is 190 right? 

Edited by bezdo

3 hours ago, bezdo said:

Hi, thank you for this! Really appreciate it! Plus I have a full time job as RN. Don’t know if that helps.

And my best bet is 190 right? 

Not sure if having a job will have any direct affect on your invitation chances. Your best bet is 190 for now. You can submit an EOI for 189 as well, no harm in doing that. DHA is having quarterly invitations for 189 so the waiting time will be more for sure. Have you tried asking your employer to sponsor you for 186 (Employer sponsored nomination) Visa? That could be another option you can try.

2 hours ago, Pooja Negi said:

Not sure if having a job will have any direct affect on your invitation chances. Your best bet is 190 for now. You can submit an EOI for 189 as well, no harm in doing that. DHA is having quarterly invitations for 189 so the waiting time will be more for sure. Have you tried asking your employer to sponsor you for 186 (Employer sponsored nomination) Visa? That could be another option you can try.

Nah, a bit of a waste of time to go for a sponsorship and be in hands of someone else to make things happen. I absolutely don’t mind doing 190 and staying in NSW since that’s where we want to live anyway. It seems like 190 is our best and safest best, and even fastest it seems compared to even the sponsorship.

Since with 186 I’d still need to work for an employer for at least 2 years before applying. 190 would probably come through in less than that hopefully!

2 hours ago, bezdo said:

Nah, a bit of a waste of time to go for a sponsorship and be in hands of someone else to make things happen. I absolutely don’t mind doing 190 and staying in NSW since that’s where we want to live anyway. It seems like 190 is our best and safest best, and even fastest it seems compared to even the sponsorship.

Since with 186 I’d still need to work for an employer for at least 2 years before applying. 190 would probably come through in less than that hopefully!

What visa are you on currently?

15 hours ago, bezdo said:

Just wondering, how does the skill assessment work for 190 visa, what do I need to apply for one? Is it a must to have a 1 year work experience in a specific field for that and 190 in general?

You will be applying for a Modified skills assessment with ANMAC. If you are gaining GSM points from your professional experience then you need minimum 3 years of full time experience. The below ANMAC website will give you more info on this assessment.

https://www.anmac.org.au/skilled-migration-services/modified-skills-assessment

4 hours ago, Pooja Negi said:

You will be applying for a Modified skills assessment with ANMAC. If you are gaining GSM points from your professional experience then you need minimum 3 years of full time experience. The below ANMAC website will give you more info on this assessment.

https://www.anmac.org.au/skilled-migration-services/modified-skills-assessment

Really appreciate the help! Have they also recently removed the additional requirement for 190 RN NEC where you needed 1 year of work experience? Because it kind of seems like they did. It says this “ Additional employment and residency requirements applied to select occupations last financial year does not apply to current invitation rounds “