APHRA present in person

girlwander

My assessment with APHRA has now completed (after 5 months). They have emailed me to say instead of presenting in person within 90 days (April 2021) they are extending this to August 2021. I am in the UK currently, I very much doubt that I will be able to enter Australia before August as I am not PR or citizen (trying to obtain a visa but different now as off shore). Has anyone else been overseas and got round this present in person due to the current pandemic restrictions? Or had a further extension? Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2021 at 14:36, girlwander said:

My assessment with APHRA has now completed (after 5 months). They have emailed me to say instead of presenting in person within 90 days (April 2021) they are extending this to August 2021. I am in the UK currently, I very much doubt that I will be able to enter Australia before August as I am not PR or citizen (trying to obtain a visa but different now as off shore). Has anyone else been overseas and got round this present in person due to the current pandemic restrictions? Or had a further extension? Thank you

Nope, in the same situation. I have been having my AHPRA PIP extended since August 2020. They just extended it again until July 2021. At the time of lodging my AHPRA application I didn't have enough practice hours to register in NZ but now I do. If you register as a midwife in NZ then you can exploit the Trans Tasman Agreement to get registration as a midwife in Australia as well. Its a few hundred quid max for the NZ registration, less than a return flight to Oz. I know a nurse from India who did this, presented her NZ reg to AHPRA and they sent her her registration in the post!! No presenting in person required.

As it stands, I will PIP as and when the borders open enough to allow me to do so. I applied for a travel exemption  to PIP last year but was rejected as non-urgent. So AHPRA just keep extending it. The NZ work around would be to avoid presenting in person at all, but I'm not at that stage yet. if AHPRA at any point said they will not extend it, and I was not physically able to get into the country to PIP, then I would apply to NZ. But I think it would pretty unreasonable of them to do this.

• Thanks 1