Are we mad... lol

Cots

14 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

It was a joke, based around the obvious fact that NSW is the premium state - why would anyone choose to go elsewhere 😉

A man of good character would admit when they were wrong not just try and crack a joke as a diversion.

2 minutes ago, Parley said:

A man of good character would admit when they were wrong not just try and crack a joke as a diversion.

Oh come on parley? How often do you ever see someone admit they are wrong? Isn't that what the laughing face emogi is for?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, newjez said:

Oh come on parley? How often do you ever see someone admit they are wrong? Isn't that what the laughing face emogi is for?

Maybe you need to not judge everyone by your own low standards...

I always intended it to be a joke, maybe you are of sufficiently low morals to try to hide a mistake as a joke but please don't assume everyone has your character flaws

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

I always intended it to be a joke, maybe you are of sufficiently low morals to try to hide a mistake as a joke but please don't assume everyone has your character flaws

I judge people by their actions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

This is getting out of order, perhaps meant as a joke? in the middle of a thread that posters were actually trying to help the OP., but needs to stop before personal insults start flying. 

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, ramot said:

This is getting out of order, perhaps meant as a joke? in the middle of a thread that posters were actually trying to help the OP., but needs to stop before personal insults start flying. 

I'm happy to stop but the person who insulted me needs to apologise.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ausvisitor said:

I judge people by the way they judge others, you don't come out very good in that judgement

I’ve just read the thread through and I have no idea who you thought insulted you?. Interpretation of the written word can be misconstrued.

Move on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

I judge people by the way they judge others, you don't come out very good in that judgement

You don't judge me very well because I judge people on their actions? How should I judge people if not on their actions? 

Maybe it will help you if I tell you that my response was to parley, and it concerned other people, and had nothing whatsoever to do with you.

If I had wanted to insult you personally, I would have responded to you, and there would have been no doubt whatsoever that you had been insulted. I'm Australian.

Edited by newjez
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 09/04/2021 at 13:09, newjez said:

You don't judge me very well because I judge people on their actions? How should I judge people if not on their actions? 

Maybe it will help you if I tell you that my response was to parley, and it concerned other people, and had nothing whatsoever to do with you.

If I had wanted to insult you personally, I would have responded to you, and there would have been no doubt whatsoever that you had been insulted. I'm Australian.

It's very easy to get the wrong end of the stick on a forum (as we did recently @newjez) because there's a lot more to communication than simply words, whether they be written or spoken. If we were all sitting around a pub table enjoying a pint/wine/scotch/GnT etc, then misunderstandings would be ironed out during the course of the conversation. Most people are very good at responding to body language and non-verbal cues because it's innate. Occasionally differences of opinions with other forum members will occur, and that's perfectly normally, but if a member is continually involved in disagreements with others then perhaps they should review their commenting style - and think a little more before they post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wanderer Returns said:

Great choice. People are giving us Queenslanders a little more respect now that we've got rid of the 'Smart State' number plates and just have the 'Sunshine State'. States should stick with what they're good at! 😄 

I've just watched the first two series of Harrow. Most of it seems to be filmed in Brisbane, with some up the north coast. It's been twenty years since I visited. It's grown alot. It's a pretty place.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, newjez said:

I've just watched the first two series of Harrow. Most of it seems to be filmed in Brisbane, with some up the north coast. It's been twenty years since I visited. It's grown alot. It's a pretty place.

I haven't seen 'Harrow' but might check it out if it's filmed in Brisbane - is it on Netflix? Brissie has come on leaps and bounds in the last decade, but the huge influx of people has also taken it's toll as the infrastructure struggles to keep up. The Riverwalk and the new bridges now connect with footpaths and cycleways so you can travel almost the full length of the river on both sides - it's a fabulous way to get around the city,

Edited by Wanderer Returns
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, newjez said:

When he was in Hornblower, I thought Ioann Gruffyd was rather scrumptious, but for some reason I find him irritating now, which has put me off watching Harrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Marisawright said:

When he was in Hornblower, I thought Ioann Gruffyd was rather scrumptious, but for some reason I find him irritating now, which has put me off watching Harrow.

He was good in liar liar.

His career suffered alot with me too.

He also seems to be going through a messy divorce.

But I quite enjoyed Harrow.