VISA 143 - Contributory Parent visa - Form 47PA

NATHALIA

My parents are applying for a VISA 143 - Contributory Parent visa

My father is the Main applicant and my Mother is also migrating with him. They do not have any dependents; they live just by themselves. (Their only children are my brother and I, we are both Australian Citizens, not dependent).

We have completed Form 47PA and included my mothers details under 'Part F - Details of partner'

My question is:

- Do we need to again include my Mother's details under Part H  Question 57- 'Members of the family unit aged 18 years or over'? Do we need to complete a Form 47A  for my Mother?

I hope someone who has recently submitted an application for this Visa can help with this doubt. 

Thank you!

Hi Nathalia

We applied for our 143 in August 2019 & had an agent complete the forms (Form 47PA). My husband is main applicant & I only had to complete Part F. - Details of Partner. Part H was filled with our children's details only, so in answer to your question, I would say no. Would love to know how they get on. The waiting is killing us!! We received acknowledgement of lodgement in Sept 2019 & are now in the queue & probably have another two - three years to wait. Not sure if the current situation with Covid is affecting new applications. Hope this is helpful

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jo Newbie said:

Hi Nathalia

We applied for our 143 in August 2019 & had an agent complete the forms (Form 47PA). My husband is main applicant & I only had to complete Part F. - Details of Partner. Part H was filled with our children's details only, so in answer to your question, I would say no. Would love to know how they get on. The waiting is killing us!! We received acknowledgement of lodgement in Sept 2019 & are now in the queue & probably have another two - three years to wait. Not sure if the current situation with Covid is affecting new applications. Hope this is helpful

Don’t want to be the bearer of bad news but we’ve just got ours in November 2020, waited 4 years 8 months! take a look at the link below 

Scroll to the bottom and click where it says Download 

https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/contributory-parent-visa-application-numbers/

8 hours ago, Jo Newbie said:

Hi Nathalia

If you applied in 2019 then your wait time is more like 6.years

8 hours ago, Jo Newbie said:

Hi Nathalia

Sadly you probably have about another 6 years to wait. 

On 28/01/2021 at 02:40, Jo Newbie said:

Hi Nathalia

Thank you so much @Jo Newbie!! Im sure the wait will test our patience but it will be worth it! 🙂

Hi I’m just wondering if anyone has come across my query. I am one of three children I am a Australian citizen and my brother is also an Australian citizen my other sibling still lives in the UK however looking at bringing my parents to live in Australia on s 143 contributory visa however my brother won’t provide his evidence of his citizenship( which he does have) is there a way of obtaining this so we can proceed with the visa? Or are we tied to this and unable to proceed 

Thanks 

6 hours ago, Chris! said:

Hi I’m just wondering if anyone has come across my query. I am one of three children I am a Australian citizen and my brother is also an Australian citizen my other sibling still lives in the UK however looking at bringing my parents to live in Australia on s 143 contributory visa however my brother won’t provide his evidence of his citizenship( which he does have) is there a way of obtaining this so we can proceed with the visa? Or are we tied to this and unable to proceed 

Thanks 

Does the form ask for you to provide evidence? I guess, essentially, it's personal information and other than the dept being able to look it up, someone can't provide that evidence if he doesn't want to.  Has he given his reasoning?

• 3 months later...

@NATHALIA

Hi, I'm in the exact same situation right now, about to apply for both parents. Just to confirm, I only need to fill out on Form 47PA and just include both mum (secondary) and dad (primary) on it. Bo separate forms? Also, in that case, the additional applicant charge will apply, which is AUD 1400 in their case. What is the second installment amount that will need to be paid?

Capture.JPG

On 07/05/2021 at 12:37, KritikaB said:

@NATHALIA

Hi, I'm in the exact same situation right now, about to apply for both parents. Just to confirm, I only need to fill out on Form 47PA and just include both mum (secondary) and dad (primary) on it. Bo separate forms? Also, in that case, the additional applicant charge will apply, which is AUD 1400 in their case. What is the second installment amount that will need to be paid?

Capture.JPG

Hi @KritikaB - Yes, we completed form 47PA with my father as Primary applicant and my Mom as secondary applicant.

We included my mothers details under 'Part F - Details of partner' and Part H only listed their Children. Total cost payable on application in our case was $4,155 + $ 1,400 = $5,555 (plus the fees for credit card payment online) - Its a very long wait until we are required to pay the second instalment (Over 5 years or more) the website says they will send an Invoice. 

Good luck with the application !

On 07/05/2021 at 03:37, KritikaB said:

@NATHALIA

Capture.JPG

For 143 you  won’t pay the second instalment until they are ready to grant the visa - new applications could take up to 10 years. There is an Assurance of Support bond to be paid prior to the second instalment. This is $10000 for first applicant and $4000 for second applicant paid by the sponsor. Once  that is paid EACH  parent will have to pay $43600  

On 10/05/2021 at 21:04, NATHALIA said:

Hi @KritikaB - Yes, we completed form 47PA with my father as Primary applicant and my Mom as secondary applicant.

We included my mothers details under 'Part F - Details of partner' and Part H only listed their Children. Total cost payable on application in our case was $4,155 + $ 1,400 = $5,555 (plus the fees for credit card payment online) - Its a very long wait until we are required to pay the second instalment (Over 5 years or more) the website says they will send an Invoice. 

Good luck with the application !

Actually if @KritikaB is just applying now, the wait is likely to be more like 10 years.  Ignore what it says on the official website, it's misleading.

• 2 months later...

@NATHALIA

@KritikaB

Hi Guys,

Have you submitted your 143 visa applications? Could you please help me with my doubts as I am about to apply now?

1) Do I need to fill form 47A even though I am a sponsorer?

2) Does my mom need to fill form 47A separately? I have filled form 47pA and added her details in part F.

3) My sister is an Australian citizen. Does she need to fill form 47A?

4) what did you fill in "Main Visa Applicant's file number" on form 47A?

5) My brother is in Australia. He is waiting for a 190 permanent visa grant. He is not dependent on my parents. Does he need to fill form 47A?

5) Question 13 of form 47pa - do you need to fill in the details of those who are already in Australia like me?

The question is have you or any members of your family previously been to australia?

I will be very grateful for the answers above. 

On 24/07/2021 at 14:04, kamal.610 said:

@NATHALIA

@KritikaB

Hi Guys,

Have you submitted your 143 visa applications? Could you please help me with my doubts as I am about to apply now?

1) Do I need to fill form 47A even though I am a sponsorer?

2) Does my mom need to fill form 47A separately? I have filled form 47pA and added her details in part F.

3) My sister is an Australian citizen. Does she need to fill form 47A?

4) what did you fill in "Main Visa Applicant's file number" on form 47A?

5) My brother is in Australia. He is waiting for a 190 permanent visa grant. He is not dependent on my parents. Does he need to fill form 47A?

5) Question 13 of form 47pa - do you need to fill in the details of those who are already in Australia like me?

The question is have you or any members of your family previously been to australia?

I will be very grateful for the answers above. 

Hi @kamal.610

In my case, my parents (Mom and Dad) submitted an application. We are 2 (not dependant) children both Australian Citizens - and my brother is the Sponsor.

1). My brother (sponsor) only completed Form 40. He did not complete Form 47A.

2). We completed form 47PA with my father as Primary applicant and my Mom as secondary applicant. We included my mothers details under 'Part F - Details of partner'. We did not complete Form 47A for my Mom.

3). I did not do 47A as their daughter.

4). We did not do any 47A - so not sure.

5) We did not do any 47A also I am not sure about 190 visas or your specific situation - so not sure.

6) Question 13 - we only included my parent's visas details (eg. they previously held Tourists visas - we did not include details of our visas (children's who are already citizens).

Hope this helps, again this is how we completed the forms, If you want more specific advise I'd suggest to engage a Migration Agent.

Thank you so much @NATHALIA you are very kind. I wish our parents will be with us as permanent residents soon.

Can I ask few more doubts, please?

1) As a sponsorer, I am submitting a birth certificate, passport, tax return, employment letter, copy of my PR. is there anything else I need to submit? also, do I need to attest all copies?

2) My siblings are submitting their birth certificate, passport, and copy of their visa. Did you submit any other documents apart from these?

@Marisawright I know it is unfortunate but what other option do we have. All we can do is apply and hope for the best.

On 01/08/2021 at 08:14, kamal.610 said:

Thank you so much @NATHALIA you are very kind. I wish our parents will be with us as permanent residents soon.

Can I ask few more doubts, please?

1) As a sponsorer, I am submitting a birth certificate, passport, tax return, employment letter, copy of my PR. is there anything else I need to submit? also, do I need to attest all copies?

2) My siblings are submitting their birth certificate, passport, and copy of their visa. Did you submit any other documents apart from these?

@Marisawright I know it is unfortunate but what other option do we have. All we can do is apply and hope for the best.

Hi @kamal.610

1) For my brother (Sponsor) we only completed Form 40 and attached the following supporting documents (all Certified copies by a JP): Australian Passport; Citizenship certificate and Birth Certificate. - Part Q of the 47PA form has the checklist of documents required. (We did not include tax returns or employment letters).

2) I submitted the same as my brother: Certified copy of my Australian Passport; Australian Citizenship certificate and Birth Certificate.

Same here Kamal, we are hoping for the best and looking forward to having our parents.

FYI there is currently an Senate inquiry to review the processing times for some visas including parents visas; my brother did a submission and the reporting date is next week 10th August 2021 so there is supposed to be some recommendations/results by then.

Check the link here: https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Legal_and_Constitutional_Affairs/FamilyandPartnerVisas

• 5 months later...

Hi @Marisawright, @LindaH27 @ali,
thanks for answering so many questions, I have been filling up my parents' visa application for subclass 143: they both are in Iran and my sister is also in Iran, I am a permanent resident, and soon I can apply for citizenship. I would appreciate it if you can answer my questions:

1. just need to confirm as I have added my mother's name in the partner section and they are still married, I do not need to fill up 47A for her, am I correct?
  2. do I need to fill up 47A for my sister even she is not migrating with them?
  3. since it is only my mother and my dad immigrating I have chosen 4225(base)+1425(additional) is it right?
  4. in what section it is asking if they are moving to Australia how much money they are bringing with them, what should I put there? do we need to provide any support for that ?
  5. I want the embassy to deal with me instead of them and I believe I need to fill up the form 956A and put me as an exempt person, am I correct?

I really appreciate your guys help in advance.

1 hour ago, Dani.bkh said:

Hi @Marisawright, @LindaH27 @ali,
thanks for answering so many questions, I have been filling up my parents' visa application for subclass 143: they both are in Iran and my sister is also in Iran

I really appreciate your guys help in advance.

If you apply for the parent visa now, they will be waiting about 15 years before they get the visa. 

40 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

If you apply for the parent visa now, they will be waiting about 15 years before they get the visa. 

@Dani.bkh As @Marisawright said it’s going to take an extremely long time. Given that there are at least 66k already in the queue and only 3600 granted per year the maths shows 66000/ 3600 means at least 18 years wait! 

23 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

@Dani.bkh As @Marisawright said it’s going to take an extremely long time. Given that there are at least 66k already in the queue and only 3600 granted per year the maths shows 66000/ 3600 means at least 18 years wait! 

thanks but I still want to apply, anyone can answer my questions? also if you know any other ways to get them here faster, I much appreciate it to share it with me.

• 5 months later...

do we get any notification when a queue date is assigned to the application? From the latest updates, The queue date should have been assigned to my application but I have not receveied any communication from department.

Is there any email address I can reach out for an update to the department for 143.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

my mum just got visa 173 now i am applying her 143 visa. 

form 47A: i am the only child and i am aus citizen. Do i need to fill my information in this form?

please help.!!! I have been reading all information and at the moment I believe i don’t have to fill this form. Am I correct?