AAT 187 refused

Charlotte22

Hi all,

Brief background - 

I came over on a whv  from England, then my employer applied to sponsor me on a 187 in regional Queensland as a chef. 

After around a two year wait my visa was refused .. my employer tells me it was an error on their part, uploading an out of date BACS statement.

So we then applied to the AAT and after another two year wait, last week I receive my hearing date for next month.

I still work for my employer and have done throughout but I am extremely nervous and stressed in the event of a negative outcome form the AAT.

Different agents are telling me different things and I would just really be able to chill a bit if someone here could answer the following for me? These are all based on the event of a negative outcome

1. Once the AAT decides, how long will I have to leave Australia? Im told 28 days to respond.. then a following 5 additional weeks?

2. Can I apply for any other visa before or after the decision whilst still onshore?

3. Section 48 bar? I feel I fall into this?

I really hope someone can shine some light on this - hopefully through not having to have gone through the same thing 🥺

On 26/01/2021 at 18:55, Charlotte22 said:

Hi all,

Brief background - 

I came over on a whv  from England, then my employer applied to sponsor me on a 187 in regional Queensland as a chef. 

After around a two year wait my visa was refused .. my employer tells me it was an error on their part, uploading an out of date BACS statement.

So we then applied to the AAT and after another two year wait, last week I receive my hearing date for next month.

I still work for my employer and have done throughout but I am extremely nervous and stressed in the event of a negative outcome form the AAT.

Different agents are telling me different things and I would just really be able to chill a bit if someone here could answer the following for me? These are all based on the event of a negative outcome

1. Once the AAT decides, how long will I have to leave Australia? Im told 28 days to respond.. then a following 5 additional weeks?

2. Can I apply for any other visa before or after the decision whilst still onshore?

3. Section 48 bar? I feel I fall into this?

I really hope someone can shine some light on this - hopefully through not having to have gone through the same thing 🥺

What is your timeline waiting? Do not worry too much, you're still working for your employer after waiting approximately for 3 years? It's a good sign. Just now focus on your AAT hearing and documents rather than the negative side first