Transferwise Green card

DrDougster

Interesting email from Transferwise telling me I saved a couple of thousand dollars vs international bank transfers last year. The service and platform with Transferwise has always been faultless from my perspective so the multinational card they now do looks very interesting. It looks like a really great value multi-currency account. 

Has anyone got one yet? Any thoughts/reviews?

(Looks like they have actually been doing it a few years!)

Edited by DrDougster

• 2 weeks later...

So, card arrived and testing with a few hundred bucks it works.

However, it is so much more: Multicurrency accounts so you can pay into your AUD, UK, Euro, USD, Sing and more accounts which have individual details and SWIFT/IBAN etc when needed. There are also a couple of neat features:

1) You get a text telling you how much, where you spent it and the balance in the account that was used. This flicks up on my watch which is useful as a check that the amount went through right. 

2) While you can say transfer a couple of thousand dollars from the money in your AUD account across to your GBP account (it is always a very good rate with them) for UK spending money. If this runs out and you use the card in GBP but there's no money it will compare the rates from the accounts you have money in and pull from the one with the best rate to pay for the goods and flick you the message telling you your GBP account is empty

3) Up to $350 local cash withdrawal is free anywhere

4) The card itself is really cool - a zingy lime green - my toddler loves it.

Not used it abroad yet obviously but first impressions are that this is the way to go for International money.