Emigrating to Australia: The 10 most common mistakes and how to avoid them (Book)

chrissy-uk

Hey guys, I interviewed a whole bunch of people who emigrated to Australia and wrote a book about it. I summarized the 10 most common mistakes and how to avoid them. The book is now available on Amazon but I need some test readers who would get the book for free - all I want is some feedback in return. Is anybody interested? You can have a look at the book here: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Emigrating-Australia-common-mistakes-avoid/dp/B08T4H7M6X/

If you are interested in becoming a test reader simply write me here and I'll be in touch.

Thanks, 

Chrissy

On 26/01/2021 at 10:17, chrissy-uk said:

Hey guys, I interviewed a whole bunch of people who emigrated to Australia and wrote a book about it. I summarized the 10 most common mistakes and how to avoid them. The book is now available on Amazon but I need some test readers who would get the book for free - all I want is some feedback in return. Is anybody interested? You can have a look at the book here: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Emigrating-Australia-common-mistakes-avoid/dp/B08T4H7M6X/

If you are interested in becoming a test reader simply write me here and I'll be in touch.

Thanks, 

Chrissy

List those ten common mistakes here and I'm sure you will provoke a lively debate, and get your test readers. The link did not work for me by the way.

My only mistake was naively thinking that Aussies hated Pommies.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2021 at 03:45, MARYROSE02 said:

List those ten common mistakes here and I'm sure you will provoke a lively debate, and get your test readers. The link did not work for me by the way.

On 29/01/2021 at 12:13, DrDougster said:

I'm happy to have a read for you. 

Me too, although it would've been better at the start of the school hols rather than now.

The mistake I made was thinking that I'd be on holiday all the time. Work is just such an inconvenience when the weather's always nice! 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 30/01/2021 at 06:13, DrDougster said:

I'm happy to have a read for you. 

That's so awesome, thanks. Can you simply shoot me an email so I can send you the book back as a pdf? I think that would be easiest. You can either write me a private message here in the forum

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

On 31/01/2021 at 06:25, Wanderer Returns said:

Me too, although it would've been better at the start of the school hols rather than now.

The mistake I made was thinking that I'd be on holiday all the time. Work is just such an inconvenience when the weather's always nice! 🙂 

Thank you, that would be great. You  send me a private message here  and I'll send you the book as a pdf so you can have a read. Cheers! 🙂 

• Like 1

On 31/01/2021 at 17:47, richev said:

Also happy to read/proofread. Have been out in Aus for 4 years now, just about to take citizenship test!

That's great, congrats! I had something similar in mind but unfortunately had problems to get permanent residency. Dual citizenship is the best. It opens up so many opportunities. 

On 29/01/2021 at 14:45, MARYROSE02 said:

Haha you're probably right, it would spark a lively debate. I might do that in a month or so but first just need a handfull of test readers as a start. 🙂

That's interesting that you thought Aussies hated Pommies. I think it's super funny that basically every Aussie loves foreign accents. They are totally into it (well, most of them). 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, chrissy-uk said:

Haha you're probably right, it would spark a lively debate. I might do that in a month or so but first just need a handfull of test readers as a start. 🙂

That's interesting that you thought Aussies hated Pommies. I think it's super funny that basically every Aussie loves foreign accents. They are totally into it (well, most of them). 😄 

It was back in England before I came to OZ listening to the blokes I worked with, most of whom had not been to Australia anyway.

On 01/02/2021 at 04:42, chrissy-uk said:

Thank you, that would be great. you  send me a private message  and I'll send you the book as a pdf so you can have a read. Cheers! 🙂 

No chance - I don't know you from Adam! 😄 You can attach a PDF to a post in the forum, or if the file is too large then post a link to it somewhere online.

On 01/02/2021 at 04:39, chrissy-uk said:

That's so awesome, thanks. Can you simply shoot me an email so I can send you the book back as a pdf? I think that would be easiest. You can either write me a private message here in the forum or send an email XXXXX

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Not sure it's wise to post your email all over the forum - you may very well get a lot of unsolicited mail

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ali said:

Not sure it's wise to post your email all over the forum - you may very well get a lot of unsolicited mail

Very true.  People here are unlikely to abuse it, but there are bots scraping websites all the time for unprotected email addresses, which then get sold to scammers. 

Can a moderator delete it?  (Note they'd also need to delete it from the quotes made by yourself and Wanderer).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Very true.  People here are unlikely to abuse it, but there are bots scraping websites all the time for unprotected email addresses, which then get sold to scammers. 

Can a moderator delete it?  (Note they'd also need to delete it from the quotes made by yourself and Wanderer).

You don't have to be a member to view the forum - anyone could get an email if posted

7 hours ago, newjez said:

I would say top of the list is make sure your partner wants to come and isn't just doing it to make you happy.

I would agree - seems to be one of the top reasons for returning on the forum.  I'd have thinking it's like England with sunshine in the top 10

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ali said:

I would agree - seems to be one of the top reasons for returning on the forum.  I'd have thinking it's like England with sunshine in the top 10

Perth is a lot like that actually. England with sunshine that is. If you lived somewhere nice on the South Coast, with decent beaches it could be comparable. Shopping in Joondalup you could be in central Manchester or Liverpool if you closed your eyes and listened to the accents😄

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Perth is a lot like that actually. England with sunshine that is. If you lived somewhere nice on the South Coast, with decent beaches it could be comparable. Shopping in Joondalup you could be in central Manchester or Liverpool if you closed your eyes and listened to the accents😄

10% of the Perth population are British born apparently, but must be a pretty low % in some old Suburbs and much higher in the more recent ones.

10 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

I don't think so Paul .. for me it's more like the States.  Hubby thought Tassie was like Wales though

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

10% of the Perth population are British born apparently, but must be a pretty low % in some old Suburbs and much higher in the more recent ones.

When we first arrived, there were certainly suburbs that were regarded as Little England

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1