Mathematics Graduate Jobs

Moogle

Hey, 

I’m graduating this year with a degree in Mathematics and want to move out to Australia shortly after (I’m a citizen already). I’d really like to apply my degree to a health/medical job or a environmental (conservation? Biodiversity?) type job rather than something to do with marketing, finance or business. Do anyone know any companies that might offer these types of jobs or some places I could look to start getting an idea of what’s around? 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Maybe look at digital health PhD scholarship opportunities if you are interested in that? We have some interesting ones at UQ. I have just funded a scholarship for one of our junior doctors but we are keen on cross-cutting disciplinary work and I'm hoping to expand our digital health work. There will be lots of big data analysis with computer scientists and some machine learning work. 

I'd definitely suggest you look at PhD opportunities if further learning interests you.

15 hours ago, DrDougster said:

Maybe look at digital health PhD scholarship opportunities if you are interested in that? We have some interesting ones at UQ. I have just funded a scholarship for one of our junior doctors but we are keen on cross-cutting disciplinary work and I'm hoping to expand our digital health work. There will be lots of big data analysis with computer scientists and some machine learning work. 

I'd definitely suggest you look at PhD opportunities if further learning interests you.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! I actually was looking into further study until just recently as I would love to go into research and I’ve wanted to study at UQ for years (tried to arrange a study year abroad during my BSc but it fell through). However I’m very concerned about the financial aspects as I am not well off in the slightest. Though I won’t completely rule it out and will keep an open mind towards it.